Filtration Systems

Catspit Productions is an authorized RhinoTech dealer and we can offer the complete line of their top quality products. If you don’t see it on the website please give us a call for sales assistance. Here you can discuss RhinoTech equipment and supplies. You may direct questions to RhinoTech as they may respond directly here.

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/

Moderators: RhinoTech, Catspit Productions

RhinoTech
Instructor

Filtration Systems

Post by RhinoTech »

A FB inquiry peaked our interest regarding use of Filtration systems and how screen printers can use this for the proper disposal of waste water that conforms to rules of their individual city, county and state. A filtration system, like the M10, should help in that it is designed to filter out particles from waste water through the filtration media that is 20, 10 or 5 microns (this is what determines the particle size to be filtered out). When the filtered water falls into the tank area, it flows into a baffle located on one side of the tank. This further ensures that any remaining particles will settle to the bottom of the tank. As the water rises, it flows into another chamber (leaving any residue behind) and this is the water goes down the drain. And this is the water that should be tested to see if it conforms. Hope that is helpful; please contact me @ gregory@rhinotechinc.com if you need more help.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Filtration Systems

Post by Catspit Productions »

Thanks so much for responding on Facebook in order to help me explain the details of how the M10 filtration unit works. I appreciate the assist greatly as I am just a printer and the technical details for such things may escape me at times. But Greg Markus did a great job of explaining the system in the first part of the M10 Filtration video which will post this coming week. I’ll make sure to post that here and on Facebook to help everyone understand how the unit works and why it is important to have.

But now for a rundown on the installation of the M10 Filtration unit by RhinoTech; these first 3 pictures show what I was dealing with in order to install the unit under my very small washout booth. You can see I have a wall drain which is higher than the drain on the M10. Therefor a discharge pump operates inside the unit to remove the waste water.
The wall drain.
The wall drain.
The small washout booth area.
The small washout booth area.
Wall drain still attached but the cross bars on the legs have been lowered.
Wall drain still attached but the cross bars on the legs have been lowered.
After cutting out the wall drain pipe and lowering the cross bars on the washout booth legs I was ready to fasten them to the feet. This left me ready to install the wall drain attachment for the waste line and have the space needed for the M10 under the washout booth.
Lowering the cross bars.
Lowering the cross bars.
The lowered cross bars are attached here.
The lowered cross bars are attached here.
Then I had to attach the waste drain fitting to the wall drain:
Cut open wall drain.
Cut open wall drain.
Fitting attached.
Fitting attached.
Now it was time to slide the unit under the washout booth and start rigging up the waste line and power to the discharge pump.
Ready to install.
Ready to install.
Now here you can see that I still need to add a little piece of pipe to lower the washout booth drain closer o the top of the M10 unit to avoid any splashing. I am also going to change the fitting on the side of the unit for the waste line to an elbow fitting so I can attach the waste line without having to curve it. And that will allow me to center it perfectly.
Minor adjustements will be made.
Minor adjustements will be made.
This is where the electrical lines for the discharge pump exit the unit and go to your outlet:
Electrical lines.
Electrical lines.
This is where the waste line connects to the wall drain using the fittings I assembled earlier:
Waste line.
Waste line.
I also had to add a new upper cross bar for the legs to stabilize the washout booth from swaying side to side. I will probably add another cross bar someplace else to ensure the washout booth can be moved without falling apart...LOL.
New leg brace.
New leg brace.
Now you’ll just have to stay tuned to the Forum and the YouTube channel for the video that will have Greg’s explanation of the system with the unit completely installed and working. Just a few minor tweaks and I’ll finish that video this weekend and upload it to YouTube either Monday or Tuesday this coming week. Stay tuned!
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Filtration Systems

Post by Catspit Productions »

Alright so I was able to make my minor modifications to the filtration unit install yesterday and now the unit is fully functional. It works quite well and I am very happy with the way it fit under my small washout booth.

The first thing I changed was the exit port for the waste line to the drain instead of a straight nipple that made the waste line bend and put the filtration system off center. I changed this to an elbow fitting which allowed for the waste line to go around the back of the unit much better without any crimping or severe bending. It also gave me the space needed to center the filtration unit directly under the washout booth drain.
Elbow Fitting
Elbow Fitting
Now that I had the filtration unit centered exactly under the washout booth drain I noticed the water splashed some as it dropped into the unit. This is actually something Greg Markus had mentioned to me and recommended adding a small piece of pipe to the end of drain to lower the water drain closer to top of the filtration unit. So I did this and it worked out very well.
Lowered Drain
Lowered Drain
Well the installation is complete and I have some print work to do today but I will finish the video about the M10 filtration unit tomorrow and most likely upload it on Tuesday. I’ll make sure to post it here for you all to see the final product in action and doing its job.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions