Printing film positive w/AccuRIP thru Corel Draw question

This is the place to talk about how to create film positives for screen printing. You may discuss topics like RIP software, inkjet and laser printers, film positive products, thermal printers and image setters.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Printing film positive w/AccuRIP thru Corel Draw question

Post by ApeShirt »

I just installed my Epson 1400 and AccuRIP software. I printed the test page on film and it looked great. Now when I print through Corel Draw on film it comes out looking 80% halftone. I tried different droplet weight and changed print resolution but it doesn't change anything. I am selecting AccuRip to Epson 1400 in the print box also. Any suggestions? Please keep in mind that I am a rookie to all this.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: Printing film positive w/AccuRIP thru Corel Draw questio

Post by ApeShirt »

Ok, I got that problem taken care of but a new one arose. Now when I print the text/image, it is inside a rectangle that is about 5% halftone. I don't want a background and it doesn't show on my computer screen. Only when it prints. I've printed about 20 sheets so far but it's always there no matter what I've tried. :x
Greg
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

I’ve been trying to get some assistance on your first question there. As I am not an expert graphic artist with knowledge of all software I can’t help much here. I do not use AccuRIP currently. I was hoping someone would jump in here and help you out. But I have asked for some help directly so maybe they will come through for us here. Otherwise I hope anyone reading this that could help out would take the time to post :)

Also I use mostly Illustrator :(

Maybe this website could help out:

http://www.softwareforscreenprinterstec ... wledgebase
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

Actually, it's a file that was emailed to me. I vectorized it. It's strange that during my 1st issue I didn't have the background problem. Then when I got that solved it has a little background. It doesn't show on my computer screen, only when I print. Thank you for the help.
Greg
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

That issue is fixed thanks to Ryonet's awesome tech support by phone. I needed to view in wireframe to see the background. Then ungroup and select then delete the unwanted area. Thanks again for the help everybody.
Greg