damaged apparel policy

This section should relate directly to the Catspit Screen Printing Forum or to general questions that do not seem to fit other categories. Feel free to post anything here that does not fit into any other category.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

kltees

damaged apparel policy

Post by kltees »

I'm checking around to see how other screen printers deal with customers that supply their own garments. Does anyone have any policies regarding customer supplied garments? My problem: I had a long sleeve Nike Dri Fit that got caught in the curing dryer. The long sleeve caught in the conveyer belt and the white ink scorched. Obviously, I need to replace the shirt, but it's not something that my regular apparel vendors carry and I'm finding it difficult to find another one. Nike says the shirt is discontinued. When a problem like this arises, what do you do? I've been told by another screen printer that they have a 2% damage rate tolerance. Does anyone have a disclaimer that they give to customers indicating such damage rate tolerance?

Just curious
drew
Senior Screen Printer

Re: damaged apparel policy

Post by drew »

I have a 1% misprint/damage tolerance but I tell any customer that supplies their own shirts that I can't guarantee that particular order because I don't know where the shirts came from or what may be on them. As far as your situation with the dri fit, maybe see if they will accept a similar style/price range?
kltees

Re: damaged apparel policy

Post by kltees »

I was able to purchase another brand to replace the damaged shirt, however they weren't exactly pleased because it didn't say "NIKE". In the end, I discounted the printing fee for that shirt.