CMYK or simulated process.

This is the section concerning all things that relate to printing on press. Topics may include but are not limited to loading the pallets, screen set up, registration problems, squeegee durometer, how to screen print using an automatic, manual rotary press or fixed station presses and general trouble shooting on any print job.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Jimdi77
Squeegee Master

CMYK or simulated process.

Post by Jimdi77 »

Ok I have several questions:
We are going to be printing an image of an actual photograph onto some t- shirts. I'm hoping this is the right spot on the forum. First question is does CMYK take a white undercoat which means it would take 5 screens. Then if you go with CMYK
#1 what do you tell Accu rip in order for it to make the proper art work.
#2 I am assuming that it has to be printed in some order ( CMYK ) in order for it to lay down right. In other words one color on top of the other in order to create the right colors?
#3 do you flash between each coat or is it laid down wet on wet?
#4 I was going to use 305 screens is that the right ones?

Ok is there another way to do it using simulated process or something else?

Thanks this is a important job for us and just want it to come out right.

Jim Wilson
Method Media
Fresno, Ca.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: CMYK or simulated process.

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yes if you’re doing black shirts then you’ll need a white under base. Smooth maybe a 160 mesh.

#1 what do you tell Accu rip in order for it to make the proper art work.
- I have never used that RIP myself. But normally I use AI to do my separations. I’m no expert on art creation however.

#2 I am assuming that it has to be printed in some order ( CMYK ) in order for it to lay down right. In other words one color on top of the other in order to create the right colors?
- Yes, sort of. Most people start with that order and adjust to taste or problems.

#3 do you flash between each coat or is it laid down wet on wet?
- Most often it is done wet.

#4 I was going to use 305 screens is that the right ones?
- Sure a 305 or 355 should be sufficient for a textile print with LPI up to 65 or more.

Simulated process would add spot colors if you need them to push the color of the design to where it is desired.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Jimdi77
Squeegee Master

Re: CMYK or simulated process.

Post by Jimdi77 »

Thanks that will help. I'll post pictures of them when we get done. It's for yosemite National Park.