5 Minute Manual Screen Printing Challenge

This is the section concerning all things that relate to printing on press. Topics may include but are not limited to loading the pallets, screen set up, registration problems, squeegee durometer, how to screen print using an automatic, manual rotary press or fixed station presses and general trouble shooting on any print job.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

MikeyDesigns
Screen Trooper

5 Minute Manual Screen Printing Challenge

Post by MikeyDesigns »

Hey gang,

I hope everyone is doing well. I hope I posed this in the correct place.

Have you ever wondered how many tee shirts you can print an hour? Well, now is the time to find out! Join the 5 Minute Manual Screen Printing Challenge!

The rules are to print as many t-shirts as possible within 5 minutes time. There can only be one person doing the loading, printing and unloading. It has to be done on a manual screen printing press. Just a one color print. You may print the t-shirt color of your choice and print color of your choice. You may choice the ink type of your choice (i.e. plastisol, water base, or discharge). Start your timer and begin printing. Only t-shirts that have been printed and loaded onto the conveyor dryer count. Upload your video to YouTube and name it 5 Minute Manual Screen Printing Challenge!

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you guys do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew8fziRRjDU
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: 5 Minute Manual Screen Printing Challenge

Post by ApeShirt »

That's an interesting challenge. One that I can't really participate in though. I take my time to ensure the shirts are centered and straight on the platen so I'm a bit of a slower printer. Plus, my dryer has a bad heating panel so I have to run the belt a little slower than usual. I really need to get that fixed, lol. At least 2/3 still work :P
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: 5 Minute Manual Screen Printing Challenge

Post by Catspit Productions »

Well I am old and much slower than I used to be ;) I have arthritis in both my shoulders and carpel tunnel in my left wrist. But I love this challenge and it’s a great idea. Thanks for your enthusiasm in this video. You inspire my will to teach even more.

But maybe when some things quiet down here I will look at this. The old Cat could possibly give some pointers on this at least for fast loading and printing. Maybe I could show how I did my speed printing and try to see where I am at today with pace. Stay tuned....
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions