From the future to back

This section should relate directly to the Catspit Screen Printing Forum or to general questions that do not seem to fit other categories. Feel free to post anything here that does not fit into any other category.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

bobnick2
Screen Trooper

From the future to back

Post by bobnick2 »

Hi my name is Rob,
My story is that I came from the future back to now, I started screenprinting in "93 in flatwork. By '94 we were into uv printing, texiles was the smallest part of our business. Do to changes in life I went into texiles and my life became a living hell, for whatever reasons they had they could not understand me with 19yrs behind me in printing knew more than they did but I could not do cloth printing ( not very good). I have been watching most of the videos on Youtube and picking up some things but my mind still nags me that I was printing with 390"s and 420"s mesh screens. Ok so much about that, now I want to be the 2nd best texile printer that I can be.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: From the future to back

Post by Catspit Productions »

Welcome to the future Rob,

It’s pretty much the same as the past but we’re all older. It’s true printing textiles is a whole other animal and very different from graphic or industrial screen printing.

The inks are much different hence the mesh counts. Plastisol textile inks tend to be like creamy toothpaste. We tend to use 110 to 160 mesh for most spot colors. Halftones use 230 and higher mesh counts. Water based inks are much thinner going on various mesh including 195, 230, and higher mesh counts.

Anyway welcome aboard and we’re happy to help out. Thanks for signing up.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions