number printing

This is the section concerning all things that relate to printing on press. Topics may include but are not limited to loading the pallets, screen set up, registration problems, squeegee durometer, how to screen print using an automatic, manual rotary press or fixed station presses and general trouble shooting on any print job.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Modra

number printing

Post by Modra »

Hello I run a small hobby shop with a 4x2 press, I have a friend wanting me to do his kids little league jerseys, my question is can this be done on a press? and if yes please share some tips,cause most videos I see there are done with heat presses.
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: number printing

Post by ApeShirt »

There are numbering systems for many presses. Or, an inexpensive way to get it done for small runs is to use paper stencils.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: number printing

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yeah if you’re not set up to do athletic numbering it can be laborious. You can buy paper stencils for numbering as ApeShirt suggested. You could also create a set of screens to stock numbers 1 through 50. You can put 8 inch numbers on a 20x24 screen. Place a number on each end so you can use 1 screen for 2 numbers. The 25 screens would go up through 50 for printing. Follow?

If the customer wants unique numbers and perhaps names then a vinyl heat press film is best especially if it is a small team.

Or if you want you can set up a plotter to cut unique paper stencils for names and numbers. That is a bit of an investment but if you want to take on athletics then it may be well worth it.

But to make unique screens for names and numbers on nay quantity is really not practical.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions