2nd ballast blowout on XPO2331.....arrgggghh!!!

Here you can discuss issues related to exposing screens for screen printing. This includes determining the exposure, light sources and washing out the stencil in the washout booth. Emulsion issues may also be addressed here.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Squid Ink
Screen Trooper

2nd ballast blowout on XPO2331.....arrgggghh!!!

Post by Squid Ink »

XPO2331 has blown a ballast for the second time in a month. Why?! Any other Ranar exposure unit users experiencing this? Ranar peeps graciously supplied me with a new ballast after the first one blew out now the one I replaced has blown out -in the same place. Could I have a 'dud' exp unit? I will call Ranar about the problem tomorrow but just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. :evil:
Island Fever Trading Co.
Purveyors of fine quality,
coastal lifestyle apparel
and custom graphic design

www.IslandFeverTradingCo.com

Local in SC: 843-407-0595
Toll free: 855-55-FEVER (855-553-3837)
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: 2nd ballast blowout on XPO2331.....arrgggghh!!!

Post by Catspit Productions »

I recently had a customer who also had 2 blown ballasts on the same unit. As far as I know RANAR got a batch of faulty ballasts but they know about it and should have received new ones for replacements. They are now sending out new replacements to anyone who had this issue. But if your replacement burned out then it was either before they knew this or there could be another issue.

I would call them and speak with them directly. They will help you solve this problem and provide a new ballast. let us know how it turns out.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions