color change......getting the screen clean enough!!

This is the section concerning all things that relate to printing on press. Topics may include but are not limited to loading the pallets, screen set up, registration problems, squeegee durometer, how to screen print using an automatic, manual rotary press or fixed station presses and general trouble shooting on any print job.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

bbmfab
Screen Trooper

color change......getting the screen clean enough!!

Post by bbmfab »

so I did a run of black shirts with white ink, I want to change color but i am having a hell of a time getting all the white ink out, I have franmar color change, that gets most of it, but when i look close there is little white dots here and there, mainly in corners, i took my hose on jet spray and had the nozzle right on it and got rid of some but I still have a little here and there, i am new to this so maybe i am missing something! i also try to be careful with the screens, they do a nice print and dont want to ruin them.......but i want the ink out!!!! its QCM glacier white if that helps any
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: color change......getting the screen clean enough!!

Post by ApeShirt »

I haven't had that problem myself. Maybe try some screen opener in that area.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
bbmfab
Screen Trooper

Re: color change......getting the screen clean enough!!

Post by bbmfab »

The franmar color change says screen opener on the bottle, worked good on most of it but some ink just doesn't want to let go!