Weekend spam blast

This section should relate directly to the Catspit Screen Printing Forum or to general questions that do not seem to fit other categories. Feel free to post anything here that does not fit into any other category.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Weekend spam blast

Post by ApeShirt »

I just deleted a bunch of spam that was blasted upon us this weekend. I think Jonathon took care of some as well. Thank you to those who flagged some and for being patient as we cleaned it up. It seems to come in groves every couple weeks.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Weekend spam blast

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yes, we were hit very, very hard these past few days actually up till today when I changed the anti-spam bot measures to a more complex question. We were attacked by some bot it seems that posted and created over 100 user names with at least 1 post each. Then there were some user names made without posts as if in wait for a second wave.

I spent almost 3 hours cleaning up the forum and deleting bogus accounts in the past 2 days. Thanks to Greg, ApeShirt, for the assist and thank you all for your understanding in this matter.

Please feel free to report user names who post spam directly to me as well as flagging them. I have been very busy lately so like Greg said thanks for your patience. Have no fear, I will never let any spam posts stay too long. And it could be a good idea to at least notify me of spam activity immediately. Since sometimes I get too busy to log on and look ;)

But I will make more efforts to do so. And the answer to the spam bot question is Swan Song. Who knows what the question is?
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Re: Weekend spam blast

Post by Leadfoot »

I have been extremely busy with the real world job lately and frankly too worn out to do much else than get some much needed sleep. lol A few weeks back I deleted a bunch. Sorry for my absence as of late, hope to be around a bit more. :)