T-Shirt Scams are now calling

This section should relate directly to the Catspit Screen Printing Forum or to general questions that do not seem to fit other categories. Feel free to post anything here that does not fit into any other category.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Ochtees
Senior Screen Printer

T-Shirt Scams are now calling

Post by Ochtees »

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this but I wanted to put out a friendly bulletin to all my fellow screen printers. We all get the e-mails about ordering 500-1,000 Small or Large shirts which is a major scam.

Today I actually had one call me. They called from Bloomburg, PA and asked to special order 1,000 Small T-Shirts.

I told him to never call back and to him to not call any other screen printer because we know their scam. At that time he started yelling at me.

I wanted to give you all a heads up. Here is everything the information:

Phone Number: 1-570-245-1493
Caller ID: Bloomburg, PA
Wanted: Custom order of 1,000 Small t-shirts

Thanks for reading!
Cody Ochsenbine
Custom & Blank T-Shirts
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: T-Shirt Scams are now calling

Post by Catspit Productions »

LOL... yeah it’s funny. I get the same type of solicitation in an email at least once a month. They always want blanks. About 500 each in 2 different sizes normally black and white garments. The requests for quotes are all very similar in the details.

I do believe they can originate from different sources. Some of these may actually be scammers and some are likely email phishers. Your best bet is to add them to your spam list and block them. You can report them to your ISP for excessive spamming and they should take some action even if it may be simply blocking. If they call you directly it is possible to report the number to the State Police I think.

There is a lot of spam and scams going on right now and it is best not to click links in suspicious emails as well. Always look at the email address of the sender carefully before you do anything if at all.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions