Outsourcing

This is the place to talk about how to create film positives for screen printing. You may discuss topics like RIP software, inkjet and laser printers, film positive products, thermal printers and image setters.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

zippy-graphics

Outsourcing

Post by zippy-graphics »

Hi Johnathan:

First I would like to thank you for all of your videos. I purchased my first 4 color station yesterday and haven't received it yet. I am looking to purchase an Epson 1400, but without the halftone software. You mentioned outsourcing halftone images instead of printing them yourself and I was curious where you could outsource that to?

Thanks so much dude, you rock!

Bob Grant
www.zippygraphics.com
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: Outsourcing

Post by ApeShirt »

I do that for a few people. PM me if you are interested.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Outsourcing

Post by Catspit Productions »

You would need to find a print house in your city if you cannot find a service online. A print house will make cyanotype blue prints, architectural documents among other things and they will have image setters for making large positives or negatives.

Most of them will have some experience in printing film positives for screen printing. But you may just as easily Google “screen printing film positive services” and find this type of service online where you can send in your file and get film positives shipped to you.

Sometime in the future I may too offer this service. I am waiting to get my hands on that thermal printer and then I will probably offer this on my website. Perhaps by the end of the summer this will be on my website.

In the meantime you could also check with Greg. Maybe he can do them easily for you ;)
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions