Something cool happened

This section should relate directly to the Catspit Screen Printing Forum or to general questions that do not seem to fit other categories. Feel free to post anything here that does not fit into any other category.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Something cool happened

Post by ApeShirt »

So, I went to a small local bar last night to see Zach Myer, guitarist of national recording artists Shinedown, play an acoustic set. After the show I let the gawking ladies have their moment with the rock star before I approached him. I strolled over, shook his and struck up small talk. I then asked him if I gave him one of my business shirts would he wear it? I was wearing one at the time so he saw what it looked like. I was like, "Dude, if I gave you one of these would you wear it around?" He said "Yeah man, if I get a small". He's a little guy, lol. I retrieved 2 shirts from my car and gave him and one of his band mates one. So now a big time rock star will be wearing a shirt I made with my business logo on it. Yep, that's how I roll :D
This is an example of why you shouldn't sit on your hands and be intimidated. Go after it and you see what will come about.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Re: Something cool happened

Post by Leadfoot »

That is awesome Greg...he must have really liked the design. ;) I cannot second what you said enough, you have to just go after it. The answer is always no if you don't ask! The answer may still be no SOMETIMES but probably more YES than NO. :)
OffsetnScreen
Senior Screen Printer

Post by OffsetnScreen »

Cool story, seems like bands are always wanting t-shirts and with the 4th largest bikefest in the USA coming up next week 20 miles away in Leesburg,Fl, I wish I had started my tshirt printing education and production 6 months sooner.....peace
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

So here I was last weekend at a 2 day music festival. I was backstage hanging with some friends of mine who were finishing their 2 month long tour with Taproot. Yes, Taproot. You know, the national recording rock band. Anyway, we were chilling with the bands and I even ate Taproot's food on their tour bus, lol. Now, to why I'm saying all this. Last night I got a text from Taproot's tour manager. He's wanting me to do some shirts for the Taproot Crew. This could be a pretty big break. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to have this opportunity. I love doing band merch as rock/metal music is in my blood.
Greg
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

That's awesome! Keep us updated! I hope to have some cool things in the works myself...not that level but cool for me. :)
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

Leadfoot wrote:That's awesome! Keep us updated! I hope to have some cool things in the works myself...not that level but cool for me. :)
Thanks Chrissi. Cool is a matter of ones opinion. I'm a rock/metal head so this is the market I'm really aiming for. If I get a solid hold with Taproot then I'm hoping it will offer other opportunities will other bands of this magnitude. Nothing can compare to doing jobs for things we are passionate about. My favorite jobs to do are rock/metal bands and youth related things. I did get the Taproot Crew job and posted a pic in the Finished Product Gallery. Hoping you get whatever it is that you are referring to also.
Greg
RhinoTech
Instructor

Post by RhinoTech »

Love that story, Greg! There are all kinds of way to ask for and get the sale!
~shell