Simulated Process Color Separation in Corel Draw!?

Anything and everything to do with creating artwork for screen printing. This is where you can discuss graphic software and color separating techniques plus much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

ppdlao
Master Screen Printer

Simulated Process Color Separation in Corel Draw!?

Post by ppdlao »

Hi everybody! well, yesterday I got very curious about the Simulated Color Separation for screen printing, I´ve seen like more than 10 pluggins softwares that automate that process for both Photoshop and Corel Draw, I mean those pluggins really look amazing! and yeah the process takes no more than seconds to get done, but they cost almost an arm $!! So I'm still looking forward to find tutorials that shows how to achieve this Color Separation Techniques in a manually way, I'm pretty sure this can be done, but man! it´s already a mind puzzle!

So, no I haven´t found actually the way to do that yet, but looking into these Youtube Videos definitely gave more idea of what needs to be done and want to share them with you, 'cause man!... they kept me awake all nite until 5am O'clock this Monday morning!!! :shock: jajajaja :lol:

Well, this man actually works for a company that actually sells a "Color Sep Program" but gently, he does not try to sell it to you in these videos, but instead, he explains, what to my mind is, the root of the color separation, he pretty much is saying that it all comes to 3 values generally:

HUE=Color
Saturation=White/Tints
Brightness=Black/Shades

... That video gave me chills! 'cause as he says, almost everyone must be or wanna be capable of printing some art work in something less than 4 color CMYK process which is like the "standart", and print it with your shop standart inks(black, white and colors like std red, yellow, etc)!!, I think this video opened my mind, and shows a whole other way to see and manage colors.

Let's see another video from him again, where he remarks, and bets his reputation on the statement that there is no other program, not Photoshop, not Adobe Illustrator or anything compared to Corel Draw that can be such a tremendous Color Separation Program itself, and despite to what most of screen printers think, there's nothing better than Corel Draw to sep colors as he proofs it, and says ironically, this technology have been there in the market for more that 10 years.

Well, at this point it looks pretty awsome, but in this last video he already brings into it his "Sep Program" that only to show a virtual printing sight of it, I guess, let's see the full comparison of this "red Car" color sep between Corel Draw and Photoshop with a deeper explanation,... at this point I realized you also have to put some brain into this, like identifying the colors you´re gonna print as fast and simple as posible, like he says: "oh this has red, yellow, black and white" period, he also talks about how managing colors have become "Photoshop tools" issues(which, he says, has become an screen printers myth), as this makes it more difficult and more complicated, when it all comes to the 3 values (HUE, Saturation, Brightness)...

So far, for me he really makes sense of every word he's saying, at the end of the day you´re not screen painting a Red Car on a tshirt, you´re actually creating an ilussion that makes you see it, got it!? so, you really don't need to vectorize everything 'cause it makes you feel you can manipulate better the image when it really doesn't.

Let´s see another video, here he explains why mastering the H, S, B (Hue, Saturation, Brightness) could give us a better or wider management of colors than the Std CMYK...I was very amazed of this Vid!!...

Let's see another vid form him...

Well, There are more vids from this guy, but I´m just sharing the ones that got more my attention, I hope you enjoy it, I hope this could give you hope and understanding that amazing art works actually can be done by us!by corel Draw and without expending money or too much time(yeah we would need hours, days of practice before it, but this gives you hope at least), we just have to practice and practice(that's the tuff part jajaja), and I know, this guy seems like a color sep Genius somehow, but at the end of the day, he opens your mind for more posibilities, and well if you think you´re not good with colors and values etc, at the end, there is his program pluggin you can buy! jojojojo :mrgreen: which by the way I found it's not to expensive for what it's offering!(ok I'm not promoting it's product or anything at all, just giving my thoughs) and if it also based on the H, S, B values he is been explaining, I bet it can offers a really high definition color seps.

Well guys enjoy, those are really cool Vids!

Please leave a comment! see you :twisted:
AdvancedArtist

Re: Simulated Process Color Separation in Corel Draw!?

Post by AdvancedArtist »

ppdlao, :D

Thanks for posting my videos here I am flattered that you find the information so useful.
nswpr
Senior Screen Printer

Re: Simulated Process Color Separation in Corel Draw!?

Post by nswpr »

AdvancedArtist wrote:ppdlao, :D

Thanks for posting my videos here I am flattered that you find the information so useful.
Nice post PPdlao and thanks for shared them. Also, thanks to AdvancedArtist for making them !!!