CCI Web Adhesive-Expected Times of Use?

This is the section concerning all things that relate to printing on press. Topics may include but are not limited to loading the pallets, screen set up, registration problems, squeegee durometer, how to screen print using an automatic, manual rotary press or fixed station presses and general trouble shooting on any print job.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

CCI Web Adhesive-Expected Times of Use?

Post by Leadfoot »

So I have not used the web adhesive for hoodies very much but have a big order of them to do this weekend. Yesterday I was able to get 2 MAYBE 3 hoodies per coat of web adhesive to the pallet. I did a nice and even spray of it coating twice. Is that really the expected number of uses per coating? Or do I need to spray it on thicker? I let it dry for several minutes before I even used it. Did I let it sit unused too long?

I have some of RhinoTech's environmentally friendly web adhesive on the way, trying to switch all I can to their awesome line of products...I haven't tried their web adhesive yet but I have confidence i will be as great as their other products!
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: CCI Web Adhesive-Expected Times of Use?

Post by Catspit Productions »

Okay well we have to do a video on this I see. I suppose we’ll use the RhinoTech web tack. But in my experience you need to build up the web tack some. So at first it may be every 2 or 3 hoodies before you get a good layer going on the pallet to grab all that fleece. Even when I use spray tack it takes a few sprays to get a newly pallet taped pallet to stick nicely. If the pallets are warm from the room or flash curing the web tack will work better and stay tackier longer. As it cools and even dries out it will lose tack.

So I would spray the web tack on generously at first. Let it stand for a minute or two before you begin. Then you’ll spray it as needed until you start not needing it as much. You should be able to print quite a few hoodies with one can.

Thanks for the product review there. I agree RhinoTech makes some excellent products. ;)
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Thanks Jonathan...I might have let it dry too long in combination with not enough of a coat...I was afraid of laying too much down "wasting" it and putting the hoodie on too soon where it is almost impossible to get off lol. Wish there was an adhesive like the CCI Pro Bond that is so easy to apply and lasts a long time for shirts, etc just not for fleece. Rhino Tech, can you get on that for me??? ;)
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

You’re very welcome; I do my best to help from afar. It can get so tacky that if there is a lot of pressure on the print stroke like on an automatic press then the garment will be plastered and hard to pull off. It will get all distorted form pulling... lol.

That would be a great innovation. I wonder if there are any water based spreadable pallet adhesives that would work on fleece. I don’t think I really know if any. I’ll make sure RhinoTech sees your note there :)
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
ppdlao
Master Screen Printer

Post by ppdlao »

Catspit Productions wrote:I wonder if there are any water based spreadable pallet adhesives that would work on fleece. I don’t think I really know if any.
Hi guys, reading at this and I just want to share something, local screen printers here in town(South of Mexico) use an screen printing liquid adhesive(I don't know the brand, as I always buy a little bottle like each month but pretty sure it's national), it is white colored mostly like the one that kids use at school(but not the same), you spread it with a towel all over the pallet, then we heat it with a hair gun, like for 30-50 secs and it's ready to print, it can last for several t shirts (like 30, 1 color without flashing), I use it for every job, and I clean it away from the pallet with paint thinner easily(as everything, if you finish printing and leave the pallet dirty for several days it can get messy and harder to clean off) I think it must be some kind of water based or non agressive based because it doesn't stain neither odors the garments at all. I knew of the spray adhesive because of Jonathan vids, went to the capital city and bought one, which I use when printing like 1 or 3 t shirts :)

well that's all, see you guys :)
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

ppdlao wrote:
Catspit Productions wrote:I wonder if there are any water based spreadable pallet adhesives that would work on fleece. I don’t think I really know if any.
Hi guys, reading at this and I just want to share something, local screen printers here in town(South of Mexico) use an screen printing liquid adhesive(I don't know the brand, as I always buy a little bottle like each month but pretty sure it's national), it is white colored mostly like the one that kids use at school(but not the same), you spread it with a towel all over the pallet, then we heat it with a hair gun, like for 30-50 secs and it's ready to print, it can last for several t shirts (like 30, 1 color without flashing), I use it for every job, and I clean it away from the pallet with paint thinner easily(as everything, if you finish printing and leave the pallet dirty for several days it can get messy and harder to clean off) I think it must be some kind of water based or non agressive based because it doesn't stain neither odors the garments at all. I knew of the spray adhesive because of Jonathan vids, went to the capital city and bought one, which I use when printing like 1 or 3 t shirts :)
That sounds a lot like the CCI Pro Bond water based adhesive I use for tees and other non fleece items. It is pretty much the consistency of Elmers school glue.

It will hold fleece for one or two prints but not for th the long haul...plus the fleece mucks it up pretty good where you really can't wipe it clean with water and reuse it.
ppdlao
Master Screen Printer

Post by ppdlao »

Leadfoot wrote:It will hold fleece for one or two prints but not for th the long haul...plus the fleece mucks it up pretty good where you really can't wipe it clean with water and reuse it.
Ahh! I got lost into this, I googled what "fleece" is, now I get it! sometimes is difficult for me to catch everything going on :oops: didn´t know what fleece was,I though Jon was refeering to the normal tees or garments :mrgreen: never mind :|
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

I got some of RhinoTech's Web Adhesive today and tried it out...gave the pallet a nice coat of it and got 3 solid prints out of it...might have been able to do 4 but it was almost completely non tacky to the touch so didn't want to risk it so I laid some on top of that and got the last two done. I have a job of 50 hoodies to do this week so I will be using the adhesive a lot and will post anything else I find with it. It is a great product and works just as good if not better than the CCI. I have not seen any difference I can tell so far but I am always going to go with RhinoTech if I have a choice! :)
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

ppdlao wrote:
Leadfoot wrote:It will hold fleece for one or two prints but not for th the long haul...plus the fleece mucks it up pretty good where you really can't wipe it clean with water and reuse it.
Ahh! I got lost into this, I googled what "fleece" is, now I get it! sometimes is difficult for me to catch everything going on :oops: didn´t know what fleece was,I though Jon was refeering to the normal tees or garments :mrgreen: never mind :|
Must be nice living in a place where you don't need a fleece sweatshirt Pepe. Mexico is much different than Michigan, USA.Do you have to google "snow" also ;)
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC