white ink

Here you can discuss any issues related to working with plastisol screen printing inks. This would include curing, mixing colors, additives, brands, usages and much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

harpo103
Screen Trooper

white ink

Post by harpo103 »

Hi.
I've been watching your vids, but, what would you say is THE most opaque white ink. I'd much rather just have one pass, and then flash cure it, then to have to F-P-F. Know what I mean? Thanks.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: white ink

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yes, I do know exactly what you mean. That would be Triangle’s Phoenix white. I use this stuff on a 125/70 mesh and I do about 2 strokes and that’s it. No flash involved. Just print and send it to the oven.

I love this stuff and I'll be converting a lot of my colors to Triangle now as well.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

I just recently got a smaple pint of the Phoenix white and can't wait to try it! I have been using Excalibur Arctic White and it is not too bad, flood and partially push some through, lay it down, flash then lay one more layer down. Works well even on 50/50 hoodies I just did this weekend.
harpo103
Screen Trooper

Post by harpo103 »

I'll most likely use 110 or 156 screens on 100% black cotton.
I guess black inks are any easier choice.
There is a supply house just down the road from me called PERFORMANCE in NJ.
I guess I can just get some black ink down there.
I'm just doing B & W ink for now.
I'm doing up my own shirts with simple text and VERY basic graphics.
I'm also doing heat transfers, and eventually, maybe, some dye sub.
Thanks.
The Catspit stuff is a GREAT help.
So is Ryonet.

You are a Mensch!
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

110 mesh will work well with white ink on black tees. A 156 we might use for a white under base. Black ink is much easier to print with for sure. At least it should be. I did get a gallon of Excalibur black that was way too thick. But black plastisol inks are easy to reduce because they don’t lose much if anything in color or opacity.

I know of Performance Supply there in NJ. If they are close to you then that should work just fine. I forget what inks they carry but black is pretty easy to deal with in any brand. Unless it’s total trash...LOL.

Thanks for posting on the forum and it’s my pleasure to help out.

I’m a Mensch? You are very kind, thank you.

Good luck! :D
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
CrazyJeff

Post by CrazyJeff »

How do you guys like the Phoenix White ink? I've requested a free sample. 100% of our orders are printed on Gildan 2000 100% 6.1oz? Has anyone tried the Phoenix white on that brand/style yet?
nswpr
Senior Screen Printer

Post by nswpr »

CrazyJeff wrote:How do you guys like the Phoenix White ink? I've requested a free sample. 100% of our orders are printed on Gildan 2000 100% 6.1oz? Has anyone tried the Phoenix white on that brand/style yet?
I love Phoenix white, I used to use Alpine white but it was hard get it throughout the mesh but not with the Phoenix white. Hope you like!
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Have not gotten to try the Phoenix white yet but based on what Jonathan has said about it I expect it to be great. I also use Gildan 2000 tees unless a customer wants something different. You just can't beat the quality and price!