Pvc/phthalate free ink

Here you can discuss any issues related to working with plastisol screen printing inks. This would include curing, mixing colors, additives, brands, usages and much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

broken580

Re: Pvc/phthalate free ink

Post by broken580 »

Flash (with a heat gun), I´ll do this for 3 times in order to achieve a very white and opaque finish, ok that´s done, but the the problem I´m having is the next color, in this case the orange, because the thickness of the first white ink layer, somehow is causing that the orange could not pass through the mesh as it´s meant to, so the oreange ink it
flrider02
Screen Trooper

Post by flrider02 »

Hi Leadfoot,
I am wondering about your use of water based ink and why you stopped using them?
Thanks
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

I loved the water based inks I was using, matsui, so don't get me wrong. However, their one downfall is drying out, I was having to add a thinning additive to the ink in the containers that were kept completely sealed. I didn't have much of a problem on the screen while printing but if I had to stop for a while, even flooding the screen it would take quite a bit of screen opener to get it going again. I did some research and found that I could use plastisol inks in the home as long as they were phthalate free. So I saw that Jonathan used a brand called Excalibur and found out I could get them locally so made the switch. I also found that the amount of stock colors in plastisol seems to be higher which appeals to me as well, and the different types of inks without getting a bunch of different additives. I honestly also love that if I have to stop printing I can leave everything and come back and the ink and screen is as good as it was when I started.
flrider02
Screen Trooper

Post by flrider02 »

Thank you for the info..........:)