how to print reversible mesh jersey

This is the section concerning all things that relate to printing on press. Topics may include but are not limited to loading the pallets, screen set up, registration problems, squeegee durometer, how to screen print using an automatic, manual rotary press or fixed station presses and general trouble shooting on any print job.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

tracylitsinger

how to print reversible mesh jersey

Post by tracylitsinger »

i have a question on how to print reversible mesh jerseys. they have 2 layers that are not stuck together, color of jersey is navy, the color of ink they want is white, how do i do 2 coats of white with out the top layer of the shirt moving ofter the first coat?
tracy
BoydRiver
Senior Screen Printer

Re: how to print reversible mesh jersey

Post by BoydRiver »

Hi and welcome to the site
Regards
Boyd River
tracylitsinger

Post by tracylitsinger »

THANK YOU boydRiver
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Unless you can get the jersey onto the pallet in such a manner that the pallet is in between the two layers you will not be able to hit this type of print twice. A flash hit flash method will not work well on garments that have liners or jerseys such as you speak of.

In order to print these correctly you will need to use the correct mesh in combination with the perfect flood and stroke. It's a one-hit deal if you don't get it right the first time then the garment can be ruined easily. Personally I don't print athletic jerseys such as this because there are a giant pain in the rear end.

If you don't have some serious experience in printing athletic jerseys with holes and especially double-sided jerseys with holes, I would not attempt to take on this job at this time. The jerseys can be very expensive to replace.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
paulettehussey

Post by paulettehussey »

I need to print on 300 reversible mesh jerseys one color in front other on back I have already tried this with screen printing but I am not convinced please suggest me some good printing method.
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

How about doing plastisol ink transfers or vinyl heat transfers? Do you have a heat press?
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
nswpr
Senior Screen Printer

Post by nswpr »

ApeShirt wrote:How about doing plastisol ink transfers or vinyl heat transfers? Do you have a heat press?
I think that's a good advice ApeShirt and the best thing to do. We do reversible jerseys for Basketball but as we make them, we leave the bottom open and after I screenprint them we sew the bottom.