RhinoScreen: Reclaiming Screens

Catspit Productions is an authorized RhinoTech dealer and we can offer the complete line of their top quality products. If you don’t see it on the website please give us a call for sales assistance. Here you can discuss RhinoTech equipment and supplies. You may direct questions to RhinoTech as they may respond directly here.

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/

Moderators: RhinoTech, Catspit Productions

Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

RhinoScreen: Reclaiming Screens

Post by Leadfoot »

So far the only complaint I have is how long it takes to reclaim screens with the dry stencils. I spent 30 minutes spraying one screen and still didn't get it all out. This to me is a problem because I don't have several hours to spend outside doing this. I got 100% of the emulsion out of 5 screens in about 5 minutes total...
The only thing I can think of is I might need a more powerful pressure washer, currently have a 1500psi. To get most of the dry stencil out I have to get the nozzle as close as I can without touching the screen. I really hope there will be a chemical to break the stencil down soon otherwise I will probably be better off getting my screens remeshed after every job.
BoydRiver
Senior Screen Printer

Re: RhinoScreen: Reclaiming Screens

Post by BoydRiver »

This is worrying, I hope you find a way soon.
Regards
Boyd River
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Nothing to worry about...after speaking with Chris at RhinoTech we determined that it is highly recommended to degrease screens as if you were prepping for emulsion and use some haze remover (their 2800) and let it sit on it for a few minutes. I only have their 2400 haze remover so it will have to do for now until I am ready to place another order. I will post up my findings later this week when I reclaim the screens I used this weekend.
BoydRiver
Senior Screen Printer

Post by BoydRiver »

Excellent, thanks.
Regards
Boyd River
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

I used RT's HRG2200 and left it on the screens for a few minutes, probably 3-5 minutes. I get impatient when reclaiming lol. That did the trick! WHen I started to spray the stencil came out smoothly. There were still a few little bits left I didn't notice until I took them inside to dry but no big deal. Nothing like before. I probably need to just leave it on longer and/or get the 2400 they recommended. SO reclaiming issues are now not an issue! :) I did 8 screens in probably 30 minutes total if that.
RhinoTech
Instructor

Post by RhinoTech »

At times it can be a tad difficult to remove an image off the screen. Here's a suggestion, after blasting the bulk of it off, use a haze remover like HR2800. Apply to screen and then let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes, rise with water and blast the rest of the image off the screen at the same time you are de-hazing.

Hope this helps...apologies for late response.
BoydRiver
Senior Screen Printer

Post by BoydRiver »

Thank you, but I am in the UK.
Is it readily available over here please?
Regards
Boyd River
RhinoTech
Instructor

Post by RhinoTech »

Chris/RhinoTech Customer Services, can discuss shipping HR 2800 or HR 2400 to you. Please contact him @ chris@rhinotechinc.com or 651-686-5027 ext. 4. Thanks for the inquiry.
BoydRiver
Senior Screen Printer

Post by BoydRiver »

RhinoTech wrote:Chris/RhinoTech Customer Services, can discuss shipping HR 2800 or HR 2400 to you. Please contact him @ chris@rhinotechinc.com or 651-686-5027 ext. 4. Thanks for the inquiry.
Will do thanks, didn't think you could ship that sort of thing overseas.
Regards
Boyd River
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

I am going to be sending RhinoTech one of my screens that the paper will not fully wash out of to see if they can pinpoint the issue. I am pretty much convinced it is something on my end. But in the small chance it is on theirs I wanted to give them something to test on. Myself and/or RT will post here hopefully in a few weeks what their findings were. Some screens wash out beautifully and some not that great, but I have had my theories that do not lead me back to RhinoTech's awesome dry stencil paper!