CorelDRAW X5

Anything and everything to do with creating artwork for screen printing. This is where you can discuss graphic software and color separating techniques plus much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

CorelDRAW X5

Post by ApeShirt »

Are there any CorelDRAW X5 experts here who would be willing to help out us novice's? My current issue is actually probably an easy fix but I can't figure it out. I'm trying to do my first 2-color print for my sister and brother in-law. I can't figure out how to separate the image to print two films. I'm using AccuRIP and it's wanting to do it in CMYK. I'm sure it's got to be in RGB but I'm clueless. Hoping someone is willing to help out as needed. My brain hurts from all the reading and watching videos that are too hard to follow. I have DVD's and books but it's painstaking, lol. I wish there was a class to take to learn this stuff :ugeek: It's just an orange football helmet outlined in black with seat #'s on the side of the helmet in white, which will be the white tee shirt. I tried attaching a pic but it won't allow cdr files here.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
bcr8tive
Screen Trooper

Re: CorelDRAW X5

Post by bcr8tive »

Apeshirt,

I don't know of an easy way in corel draw, but you can convert to a bitmap 300 dpi and go into corel photo paint and mask and create new layer from there to separate your images. If you want to know the steps go to http://www.advancedartist.com/bitmapsepstut.html.

I would suggest doing a RGB Bitmap convert in corel draw, then export to photo paint.

Also if you do rgb colors your print will print in cmyk, it might not be dark enough depending on your design (Halftones need to be dark) you can convert each separation from photo paint in black and white, once you do that right to change image to 100, 100, 100, 100, cmyk. This always gives me the best maximum black, but you do go through ink!

Jason
Bcr8tive Designs, LLC
Ada, Oklahoma 74820
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: CorelDRAW X5

Post by Catspit Productions »

What you are looking for in the separations dialogue would be spot colors. In most vector software like Corel Draw or Illustrator you can also separate you colors in the output menu or by doing it manually. Manual separations are done when the artwork is created by putting each different color on a new layer in its registered position. Then you print visible layers only for each color.

Something like that but probably with better made artwork as far as its construct :) I am by no means a graphic artist and I too am learning much about artwork creation even still.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions