Special Effects Inks "Glowing inks"

Here you can discuss any issues related to working with plastisol screen printing inks. This would include curing, mixing colors, additives, brands, usages and much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Re: Special Effects Inks "Glowing inks"

Post by Leadfoot »

ppdlao wrote: thnks for the advices LF! 155 mesh sounds like the best for this kind of work, jejeje excellent purchase discount that you did, I think I should ask to my vendor to let me know when there is a special on this inks! :mrgreen:
Since I have so much I would be willing to sell a small container of the ink if I can find an appropriate container for say a half pint or pint. The glow ink really does go a long way and I will probably never use all I bought. Let me know if you are interested and I can figure out what it would cost, etc.
ppdlao
Master Screen Printer

Post by ppdlao »

Leadfoot wrote:Since I have so much I would be willing to sell a small container of the ink if I can find an appropriate container for say a half pint or pint. The glow ink really does go a long way and I will probably never use all I bought. Let me know if you are interested and I can figure out what it would cost, etc.

Well I think I´m pretty far away, in México :) but thnks anyway buddy!
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

I gotcha, didn't realize that. Sorry. Well if anyone has any insight on shipping ink to mexico. Will the USPS allow it? Or would UPS be cheapest? If it can be done and won't cost you an arm and a leg I would be more than happy to sell you some.
ppdlao
Master Screen Printer

Post by ppdlao »

Leadfoot wrote:Well if anyone has any insight on shipping ink to mexico. Will the USPS allow it? Or would UPS be cheapest?
Yeah if someone can get any clue to this? we wanna know if this can be actually done
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

You can ship to Mexico but it might cost more than the ink. It depends on the weight but I would imagine a quart wouldn’t be too bad as far as cost. Plastisol inks are not considered hazmat or anything like that. They are benign for the most part. So all you need is a product data sheet and an MSDS or whatever they are using these days for shipping.

Then you could go to a UPS store and they should assist you in the paper work necessary and other specifics required. But it’s not that difficult. I actually ship my inkjet film all over the world in a USPS flat rate envelope. When the item is valued at a very low dollar amount it will often get by customs without any duties or taxes.

But yeah check with your local UPS store and make sure they know that the plastisol ink is a non hazmat, user safe printing ink. You may also tell them it’s a paste and not a liquid. It really shouldn’t be that big of a deal as we have trade agreements with Mexico. You just don’t want the ink to freeze or get too hot but that is hard to fully control unless you can specify transport methods.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Thanks Jonathan! Good info to know, I always get a little confused shipping anything other than apparel or paper products overseas. :)
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

No problem. Believe me it is confusing. If I could work out all the logistics of shipping I would sell a lot more stuff direct. But shipping is a big challenge to overcome especially if the cost needs to be calculated at the time of sale on a website. :(
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC

ppdlao
Master Screen Printer

Ink shipping and handling to Mex.

Post by ppdlao »

Yeah! I think it actually can be done,to send me the ink,but that´s what I was thinking that the transportation might be cost the same or even more that the ink cost, but we don´t loose anything in trying to ask how much will it cost righ Leadfoot? but most important what Jon says about the ink, you should ask about transportation methods, for the ink,trying to avoid freezing it or heating!

Thanks for the advice Jon as always! good points, good info! :)
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Let me see how much a pint would weigh and shipping via UPS and I will get back to you. :)
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

You're welcome Pepe! Good luck and let me know if you need further assistance in finding supplies in Mexico. I actually know some one down there but I am unsure where he is exactly.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC