Newbie havin' probs!!!

This is the place to talk about how to create film positives for screen printing. You may discuss topics like RIP software, inkjet and laser printers, film positive products, thermal printers and image setters.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

duckz10
Screen Trooper

Newbie havin' probs!!!

Post by duckz10 »

Hi guys, me again!!!
Wonder if anyone can tell me why my Epson sx600fw inkjet printer flatly refuses to print on my film? I load up several sheets plus a few sheets of A4 paper behind them and when i click print the printer takes the film but pushes it right through, then pulls it back a little, then displays a paper load error!
I realise that i'm probably doing, or not doing, something amazingly stupidly simple but I'd really appriciate some help here!!

Thanks in advance,

Duckz
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Newbie havin' probs!!!

Post by Catspit Productions »

Hey there!

It sounds like your printer may not handle clear media well or perhaps it is a bit thick. Some printers require a white strip down the side of the inkjet film or acetates in order for the clear media to be loaded properly through the printer.

Or it could be that the film is a little thick and making the printer think it loaded more than one sheet improperly. So you have to check on your printers functions first and see that it can handle clear media. If it can then I would see about changing the paper weight by choosing the “transparency” setting if you have it or using a card stock setting if there is one.

Also try loading one sheet at a time in the feeder. I never load multiple sheets of film in my Epson 1400 otherwise it tries to grab 2 sheets because they tend to stick together a little from the emulsion on one side.

I recently could not feed some pretty thick inkjet film through my Epson 1400 because of the CD printing tray. So extra things like that can also mess up the printer. But in your case it really sounds like the printer can’t handle clear media. I would check on that first.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
duckz10
Screen Trooper

Post by duckz10 »

Thanks for the tips Jonathan!
Have to say, I'm very impressed not only by the quality and depth of your advice but the speed in which you reply. It's very reassuring as a newbie to know that no matter how basic and simple the answer to our queries are, you're respectful of the fact that we're all at different stages of experience and knowledge. So glad I stumbled across your fantastic site!

Many, many thanks,
Duckz
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

You are very welcome and it’s my pleasure to help out. Thanks for the kind words and it is my intent or goal to create a family friendly, troll-less website forum that will help everyone out. Some of the other forum sites I have participated in are very argumentative and biased in ways. I hope that this forum will exceed those faults and be friendly, welcoming and informational to all levels of screen printers but it is aimed at beginners.

I find it the most fun to teach people new to the process. So thanks for posting your questions here. That helps get the forum going. I appreciate that.

I am very happy you found my website as well. Please help spread the word about Catspit Productions online.

And as always good luck in your screen printing endeavors. :)
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions