Question using IC 108LF glow in the dark ink

Here you can discuss any issues related to working with plastisol screen printing inks. This would include curing, mixing colors, additives, brands, usages and much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

northwindthreads

Question using IC 108LF glow in the dark ink

Post by northwindthreads »

Hi. I've used this before over a white under base. This time I have what needs to be a bright green design, but glow in the dark. So I made a test print this morning, printed my green, then the IC 108 over top of it and it worked fine. Glows nicely. My question is, can or has anyone ever mixed the IC 108 with a colored plastisol? Can you do that? OR, can someone recommend another glow in the dark ink that is already colored. I'm just trying to possibly avoid having to print a under base, a color, and then the IC 108. If I could print an under base then the glow color it would be great. Thanks in advance for any info.
northwindthreads

Re: Question using IC 108LF glow in the dark ink

I think I answered my own question as far as mixing the two inks. I just tried a very small amount, enough to print my test print. It doesn't glow much at all. Nothing like printing the IC 108 over the green. So, I guess my question is does anybody know of a good brand that makes a colored glow in the dark plastisol? Like One Strokes 180 Series Glow in the Dark ink? Has anybody used that? Thanks!
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yes, as you discovered most glow inks will not work well when mixed with pigmented inks. Usually it's printed on a white under base to emphasize the glow effect.

I have not done much with glow inks since the 80's so I am not sure what inks are out there that are colored glow.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
northwindthreads

Ok thanks for the reply!