Identify this color

Here you can discuss any issues related to working with plastisol screen printing inks. This would include curing, mixing colors, additives, brands, usages and much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

jesushchris
Screen Trooper

Identify this color

Post by jesushchris »

I have my band logo that i'm about ready to print, but i want to use high opacity ink, but i'm having a hard time trying to figure out this color, It's the (Bedlam Knives
in the middle) and i don't want to mix it. What high opacity color can i get that is close to this, or will pass? My band members want it to be as close as possible. I know
it's a stupid question for this topic, and i'm sure you might get a laugh out of it! lol... but i don't want to mix, or do an underbase. And if i buy it, I want it to match,
and I hate surprises! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Chris
Attachments
Bedlam Knives album vector.jpg
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: Identify this color

Post by ApeShirt »

Look at doing a PMS color. Maybe Pantone 191 C
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yes, in a high opacity ink this would be a pink or hot pink perhaps. You may even be able to begin with a high opacity pink that is close and then tweak the color some because this may actually be a fuchsia or magenta of some type. A Pantone mix would probably need an under base.

An HO pink of sorts may look very similar printed directly on black.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
jesushchris
Screen Trooper

Post by jesushchris »

Thanks for the help guys! What what i do without ya? haha.
jesushchris
Screen Trooper

Post by jesushchris »

Hey Jonathan, do you sell high opacity inks on the Catspit website? I seen colors, but very few. I looked up the color, it matched up to "Florescent Magenta", just don't know how it will look once I lay the color down.
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

You can have PMS in high opacity.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yes, Pantone can be HO depending on how they are mixed. An ordinary mixed magenta will likely be translucent. Most traditional Pantone colors are mixed from colors that mix well so they will never have as high of a pigment content as a plastisol ink specifically designed to go down on black without an under base. I prefer a specially made HO color ink for going down direct on darks.

BUT I do not have any of those yet... LOL. I’m still working on the ink issue. I like the ink I am selling because it is an easy ink to learn with....

BUT the colors will all require a white under base. There are no high opacity inks on my ecommerce site.... YET.

I have my hands full with a lot right now. I need a new competent web guy I can trust among other things so bear with me please ;) I’m working on this and I hope to have it solved by Fall 2014.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
jesushchris
Screen Trooper

Post by jesushchris »

RIght on guys! Thanks for the speedy response! I really appreciate everything you guys do for me, I'd be floundering if I didn't go on these forums! Keep me posted if you get HO inks Jonathan! I'll see what I can do as far as getting this work done. And when I do, i'll post pics. Again.. thanks!

Chris
davezdesignz

Post by davezdesignz »

Hi Jonathan,

I am a pretty competent web guy, been building sites of all sorts since '95. Started screen printing about a year ago and have been keeping up with your site and vids as much as possible. If you ever need anything let me know and I will see what I can do for you.
Catspit Productions wrote:Yes, Pantone can be HO depending on how they are mixed. An ordinary mixed magenta will likely be translucent. Most traditional Pantone colors are mixed from colors that mix well so they will never have as high of a pigment content as a plastisol ink specifically designed to go down on black without an under base. I prefer a specially made HO color ink for going down direct on darks.

BUT I do not have any of those yet... LOL. I’m still working on the ink issue. I like the ink I am selling because it is an easy ink to learn with....

BUT the colors will all require a white under base. There are no high opacity inks on my ecommerce site.... YET.

I have my hands full with a lot right now. I need a new competent web guy I can trust among other things so bear with me please ;) I’m working on this and I hope to have it solved by Fall 2014.