cmyk single press

This section is for issues relating to setting up print jobs on automatic, manual rotary or fixed station printing presses. Topics like registration, off contact, micro registration and how to use a manual textile press with the flash cure on multiple color print jobs. Automatic press set up, usage and auto features may also be discussed here.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

amature.desperado

cmyk single press

Post by amature.desperado »

Hello all! I'm glad if I finally found a forum I like on screen printing, and decided to join. I've been printing for awhile now on a single press, and although I'm feeling more comfortable with registration, I am curious if anyone has experience using cmyk processing color with a single press. I'm printing water based on paper, no shirts. I am looking into a 4 color rotary press, but at the moment, my minimalist set up is all I have available. Just looking for any insight from those more experienced than myself.

Thank you!
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: cmyk single press

Post by Catspit Productions »

For water based poster printing it's probably best to just use the single station. You will be hard pressed to work fast enough with 4 screens on press while you print each screen. That may cause some ink drying problems if you cannot print fast enough to keep all 4 screens wet and flowing. Even with back flooding this could be an issue. Normally posters are done on semi automatic graphic presses with one color being printed at a time. A jig is created on press to keep the paper in the same position for each screen but each color is printed and then allowed to dry before the next color goes down. So it involves taking the poster off press a few times and then placing it back in the jig to print subsequent colors.

Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions