Saati textil pv perfect exposure time

Here you can discuss issues related to exposing screens for screen printing. This includes determining the exposure, light sources and washing out the stencil in the washout booth. Emulsion issues may also be addressed here.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Tylerterror123

Saati textil pv perfect exposure time

Post by Tylerterror123 »

Hey community,

Out of the past couple months I have used duel cure from Ryonet, Chromablue, and I have used Saati textile PV.

I was wondering in anyone's own personal opinion what would be the best exposure time for Saati Textile PV, I use a 500 watt halogen light that lies above 15 inches above the screen. I need to print a halftone photo, on some yellow 230 mesh. Im afraid all the dots and fine detail will wash out. I know this is a "trial and error" process but I am afraid of messing up. I was going to first try about 8 minutes.

And also, I have a mini pressure washer(Greenworks), and a garden hose. Washed out screens in the past with both in the past. In your own person opinions and experience. What would you use?

Thankyou,
Tyler
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: Saati textil pv perfect exposure time

Post by ApeShirt »

I can't speak to your exposure question. But, I usually use a pressure washer, fanned out and a couple feet away from screen, to washout my screens. I rarely lose dots. I know many say you should use a hose with a nozzle. What works for you is what you go with. I prefer the pressure washer and it uses less water. If a screen is under exposed a pressure washer is more likely to blow out dots though.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Saati textil pv perfect exposure time

Post by Catspit Productions »

Textil PV is a fast photopolymer with high solids content so it will hold details and dot very well. It may require a good film positive for best results. There is no set exposure time to tell you since your exposure bulb will vary in condition and UV output. I might try 4 or 5 minutes and adjust from there. The Saati emulsion is definitely a better emulsion and I’m and not just saying that because I am biased ;)

I always recommend using only garden hose water pressure with a spray nozzle for washing out stencils. Some people do use their pressure washers but it shouldn’t be necessary and it does risk blowing out details and more. But if you prefer the pressure washer then that is fin as long as you’re getting the results you want.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions