Saati Grafic HS Diazo Mixing Question

This section is all about screen making. This would include stretching, mesh prep, and coating the screens with emulsion. All related topics such as screen storage and trouble shooting for getting screens ready to expose.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

VinylVisionConcepts
Screen Trooper

Saati Grafic HS Diazo Mixing Question

Post by VinylVisionConcepts »

Hello,

I just got my Saati Emulsion in and can't wait to give it a shot. My only issue is that there is no direction as to how much water to add to the diazo sensitizer before mixing it with the emulsion? Do I go with the standard sort of 3/4 bottle of warm water? Ive checked everywhere and found nothing, no lines on the diazo bottle, no instruction on the Saati website. Thanks for the help as usual!

Brent
VinylVisionConcepts
Screen Trooper

Re: Saati Grafic HS Diazo Mixing Question

Post by VinylVisionConcepts »

Finally got through to Eric over at Saati regarding this issue and he was extremely helpful. He says that they re made labels and this info was removed in that process. At any rate....

Fill the bottle to the shoulder (where it starts to taper to the neck) and shake for roughly 3-4 minutes to ensure that it dissolves entirely, then mix into the emulsion.

Hopefully this helps someone else looking for the same answer!

Brent
Saati
Instructor

Post by Saati »

Sorry about that. Our advertising dept decided that the health and safety information on the label is more important than directions... it seems. But typically we tell people to fill the bottle to the shoulder with drinking water (if safe to drink it is ok to use in the diazo.. does not have to be distilled). Put the cap back on and place a towel around the bottle to keep your finger from turning yellow while shaking it. it make take 2-5 min to get it to dissolve completely. Then pour the entire contents in to the bucket and mix by hand until until a uniform color is achieved. Then let the bucket stand for 15-20 min to De-gas. than it is ready to use.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Awesome, thanks for getting to this Saati!

I appreciate the support.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions