Tape ON or OFF Storing Screen

This section is all about screen making. This would include stretching, mesh prep, and coating the screens with emulsion. All related topics such as screen storage and trouble shooting for getting screens ready to expose.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Bigfatross

Tape ON or OFF Storing Screen

Post by Bigfatross »

Hello Jonathan and the Gang,
I have a screen with a image I want to keep, and reprint at a latter date. I have "screen tape" on the print side (see photos) and took the tape off
the ink well side.

I run masking tape in the ink well sides because it is a large image. My squeegee comes close to the sides and I get ink on the inside of the frame walls. When I'm done printing it is easier clean up (in my opinion) all I do is peel off the tape and most of the ink comes off the walls of the ink well sticking to the tape.

My question is, is it OK to keep the "screen tape" on the print side for storage?
The "screen tape" has a lot more tack / sticking power and almost feels like you are really pulling on the screen when you take it off.
Thank You in advance!
HEY JONATHAN WHAT SIZE T SHIRT DO YOU WEAR? I would like to send you something.
Ross
Attachments
DSCN1730.jpg
DSCN1729.jpg
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Tape ON or OFF Storing Screen

Post by Catspit Productions »

Hi Ross,

Yes, you can leave the screen tape on the screen for storage. If you ever decide to reclaim it, the pressure washer and chemicals will do the job and the sides of the screen never have any stencils anyway.

So that is fine.

I usually wear a medium in the Next Level crew neck but different brands vary in size. Feel free to send me something with any links you want to share and I'll feature a photo of your shirt on social media.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions