Please help!

All about screen printing mesh. This is where you can discuss mesh counts, nomenclature and how to choose the correct mesh count for the print job.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

SwedishMeatball

Please help!

Post by SwedishMeatball »

Hi from Sweden! :mrgreen:

I am working on a difficult screen print with 8 colours and i dont know what kind of mesh count to use for each colour? :?
I dont know if it's correct but i heard that the mesh count used may be different for each colour.
The following colors should be printed on dark garment starting from 1 to 7:

1. White
2. Grey
3. Yellow
4. Red
5. Blue
6.Green
7. Black
8. Highlight White

I hope i can get some good advice. We use white mesh. Thanks.
Ps the image is a screenshot from my photoshop. Seperated in channels ready for action.
Attachments
This is the print i want to print.
This is the print i want to print.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Please help!

Post by Catspit Productions »

Normally I start by trying to keep all the colors on the same mesh count. The white under base may be a particular mesh count like 110 or 160. Then the colors I would attempt to run on the same mesh count say maybe a 160 since we're going on a white under base we can print a little less ink. So the colors could be on a 160 or what have you as well.

1. White - 110 or 160 depending on how smooth you want the under base
2. Grey - 160
3. Yellow - 160
4. Red - 160
5. Blue - 160
6.Green - 160
7. Black - 160
8. Highlight White - 110

This would be maybe for plastisol inks. Water based inks may require higher mesh counts. If the inks you are using are thick then replace the 160 with a 125 and use 110 for the under base and highlight. The only reason I would change up the mesh counts on the subsequent colors would be if they differ in thickness. Say the blue is really thin or thick. Then I may use a specific mesh count for that color due to the ink itself. Follow?
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
SwedishMeatball

Re: Please help!

Post by SwedishMeatball »

Thanks allot. Sorry for the late reply, i have just visited Florida and i am back in Sweden now. I will try this. I get back to you if i get any more questions! Thanks!! :mrgreen: