A QUESTION ABOUT MESH COUNTS?!?!?!?!

All about screen printing mesh. This is where you can discuss mesh counts, nomenclature and how to choose the correct mesh count for the print job.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

mazzeo

A QUESTION ABOUT MESH COUNTS?!?!?!?!

Post by mazzeo »

I was wondering what mesh count you would recommend for printing this image on a light colored (WHITE) polyester Jersey. The very small print isn't necessary.. mostly want the design and band name. Thank You!! (p.s. If it would be better to print on a dark colored or black jersey.. I would be open to that!)
Attachments
JERSEY LOGO.jpg
drew
Senior Screen Printer

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT MESH COUNTS?!?!?!?!

Post by drew »

Personally, I would try to print it on a dark garment using a 156 for the white under base and a 200 or above for the gold gradient. That may not be the best choice, just my opinion. More experienced printers will probably help out soon ;)
mazzeo

Post by mazzeo »

Thanks for taking the time to give me some input Drew!.. It might even turn out that I do it all one color..lol... this Is a souped up design with the intent of getting my fellow band mates on board with the idea. Although... I am digging the way the whit and gold look together. :D
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yeah that could work drew,

But if you have any problems getting the white ink to cover as you want for an under base you can use a 125 or 130 mesh if you can find them. Use a softer squeegee for the white ink and a harder one with the halftone.

The halftone should work as a 45 lpi on a 200 or 230 mesh count. A 15 degree angle should do nicely.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions