Hi Friends

This is a user requested gallery for posting your finished prints or products. You may post any photographs of screen printed items here to show off your work and share it with others on the forum.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

ZombieHead
Screen Trooper

Hi Friends

Post by ZombieHead »

Hey Jonathan and friends..

I am new to the T-shirt printing but not new to screenprinting. I like you Jonathan am a photographer that then converted my photos to fine art sceenprints. I'm posting a samples of halftone, CMYK, and posterization and all done on 110 mesh believe it or not.. Also all artwork processed in Photoshop only, including the CMYK seperations.

Jonathan I hope you dig it Brother and am looking forward to more videos.

Thanks friends.

ZombieHead AKA Daren

Colorized halftone with glow in the dark ink small

Colorized halftone with glow in the dark ink 57 inches wide

4 color process on black with a white underbase

4 color process with 2 different dot sizes.. 22 LPI for the background and 27 LPI for the leaf and Dragonfly.

Colorized halftone with split font sky and glow in the dark ink in the window since this is supposed to be a haunted lighthouse.. The moire actually looks good in this case..
nswpr
Senior Screen Printer

Re: Hi Friends

Post by nswpr »

Nice, and all that was done with a 110 mesh ???
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Very cool. I love this type of stuff and I wish I could do it. Thanks for joining the forum and sharing Daren. I appreciate the support. That is amazing you can do all of this on 110 but with the giant dot of a 22 or 27 lpi I can see why.

But they really look great in these images. I’m guessing they look a little pore dot like close up and in person. Such a low lpi is often referred to as an Archie like halftone since it can resemble the large dots of that comic. That can be a style of its own much like the Warhol era screenprinting work.

Excellent stuff here thanks a lot for sharing.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
ZombieHead
Screen Trooper

Post by ZombieHead »

Hey thanks man for the comments.

Since I was using a 110 I made the dots a feature of the work. The lighthouse and the junkyard both have been in shows at out local college. I also printed these hand pulled on a backing board.. No press.. I have a press. But I was teaching a workshop at our local college. Lane Community College and wanted to show how with just a little bit of stuff you could print some pretty cool stuff.

Here in my Backing Board. I don't use it much anymore..

Here is a close up to see the rosettes and different size dots

Yeah it isn't photographic quality output but I used it as a learning experience, I was always in the actual printing department and not creating the artwork.

Daren
ZombieHead
Screen Trooper

Post by ZombieHead »

nswpr wrote:Nice, and all that was done with a 110 mesh ???
Yes..
RhinoTech
Instructor

Post by RhinoTech »

Wow - your prints are so cool!