Help with cost of supplies and printing per shirt

This section is all about the business side of screen printing. This may include but is not limited to business procedures, marketing and advertising, return or misprint policies, customer relations and pricing. Basically anything that has to do with the business side of screen printing.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Casams
Squeegee Master

Re: Help with cost of supplies and printing per shirt

Post by Casams »

Here is a link to the printer that will produce the quality you require. Depending on your artwork it will exceed the quality shown above.

http://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/xf/

They are not cheap. I own a BN20. I can create the quality with this unit. However a small desktop will not be able to handle the volume of work you require. These larger printers are able to handle the output you require. A printed t-shirt utilizing this technology is light weight and stretchable with the fabric.

Contact a Roland rep if you have questions. Roland is on the cutting edge of technology.
Casams
Squeegee Master

Post by Casams »

Here is the link to Roland. I own a BN20. I can create your quality but not the volume required. The link is to the machine that can meet that quality. The printer will cost well in excess of $35,000. The transfers created are light weight and will last the life of the garment or other textile product. As stated in the previous comment I suggest you contact Rolanddga directly.

http://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/xf/

This is the best machine on the market. This type of printing requires a hefty learning curve. The printer will exceed any quality demands you place on it.

John Smith
Casams Imagination Apparel
Salt Lake, Utah
Casams
Squeegee Master

Post by Casams »

Here are two people you should contact. These gentlemen will be able to duplicate your quality standards. They should have samples that they can send. Explain all information to them.

1. Mr. Steve Jackson @ 518 - 630-6655

2. Mr. Josh Ellsworth @ 800 - 478-2457

I recommend you also contact a Rolanddga representative.

Good Luck!
John Smith
801-455-2388
casams@gmail.com
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Casams,

That is actually a good idea. I didn't think of that but a Roland VersaCam printer makes very cool latex transfers that look pretty good. They can feel a bit rubbery at times but if the art is done right it could work well.

It looks like a digital thumbnail to me so I'm not sure how those are produced but from the detail in the photorealistic part of this design perhaps a latex transfer would be a good choice. They could actually be done with a DTG as they are ordered. Many online tee sources like this even offer custom one offs due to the DTG and latex transfer methods now available.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
MrsRoxy
Screen Trooper

Post by MrsRoxy »

Thank you guys for all of the great info and knowledge!

I will give Steve and Josh a call next week, as well as contact Roland. I look forward to see how the transfer material feels.

A question about the transfers that can be printed on the Roland machines. I did watch a lot of their videos, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. You print the transfer, contour cut it and then you will have to weed the excess and then cover the design with transfer tape before pressing, correct? That could be time consuming, but I guess no more time consuming than anything else I've looked at, short of just ordering plastisol transfers and applying them. The large format printers are appealing because we always purchase banners, stickers, signs and such for all of our races.