David & Goliath

This section is all about the business side of screen printing. This may include but is not limited to business procedures, marketing and advertising, return or misprint policies, customer relations and pricing. Basically anything that has to do with the business side of screen printing.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

liquidfusion

David & Goliath

Post by liquidfusion »

One of my concerns prior to investing in screen printing equipment was the large production houses out there like www.customink.com and how it may affect the little guys... Have you noticed any adverse effects? Has it helped or hindered your business? I approach it from the aspect of, I come up with hair brained ideas and designs at the drop of a hat, and want to be able to produce what I want, when I want. The added benefit of not having a reputable local silk screener is also going to be nice when people are needing shirts.
Thank you,

Bruce
Casams
Squeegee Master

Re: David & Goliath

Post by Casams »

I believe your premise of "David & Goliath" is incorrect. My business is not affected by nor determined by what any other business entity is or is NOT doing. The services and products that my business provides are determined to be valuable everyday. Whenever the public decides that what I provide is NOT of value I will be going out of business. My business model is catering to the needs of small businesses and individuals. A large corporation is unable as well as unwilling to service this market. Most small businesses also avoid servicing this market. As a business owner I am in a unique position where I serve those that few others want to be bothered with. Find that niche for yourself and service it. If it fulfills a personal need you will find life and business fun and enjoyable.
liquidfusion

Re: David & Goliath

Post by liquidfusion »

Thats an outstanding answer and I couldnt agree more. Thank you.