Product Ordering

This section is all about the business side of screen printing. This may include but is not limited to business procedures, marketing and advertising, return or misprint policies, customer relations and pricing. Basically anything that has to do with the business side of screen printing.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

blacktalon
Screen Trooper

Product Ordering

Post by blacktalon »

Well we all know how to order products as a rule of thumb so I wont go into much detail here but only tell you how I do my ordering and it does save money in the long run...

When I price a job that is all the customer pays for is the materials used in that job.. So let's say that the customer wants 3 sizes and 5 of each size... I price the job for 15 shirts... I always order double that amount so that I will always have that specific shirt on hand... I know it may seem like an over kill but let's look at it this way... If that customer came in and needed the same print but only on 5 shirts instead of 15 and needed them by the end of the work day, you really don't have time to place an order and wait for it to come in.. so I always keep extras for just that reason...

It is always better to have too many blanks that not enough....

I only keep on hand Grey, Black and White T-shirts and when a client wants colors other than that I do the ordering in the way I described above because this tells me that others may like this color as well..

If you have the money always order the extra... but if you are just starting out take baby steps when ordering and if you can order the amount that will get you the free shipping... I do this with my screen printing supplies as well..If I only need a case of tape but need to order $150 to get the free shipping then I do so because if you just settle for what you need and pay the shipping then you are actually losing out on the money you used for shipping when that money could go towards something you may need in the future....
The Bottom Line is, your professionalism, your product quality, your production time and your pricing will determine how your business will rise or fall...
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Re: Product Ordering

Post by Leadfoot »

Awesome suggestions. This is something that I have wanted to do and try to do as I can with the small budget. I try to keep at least a few of each size in white and black tees. One day I hope to have more but for now my limited space and small budget do not allow for much. :)
blacktalon
Screen Trooper

Re: Product Ordering

Post by blacktalon »

Leadfoot wrote:Awesome suggestions. This is something that I have wanted to do and try to do as I can with the small budget. I try to keep at least a few of each size in white and black tees. One day I hope to have more but for now my limited space and small budget do not allow for much. :)
I know how that goes... I have a very small print room and what I have done was get clear totes and just make lables with sizes on them something like a description sheet for quick location of the garment and just stack them in the closet... you could also make a number system or inventory book and just write the number down on the tote that way when you look in the book or you excel database you can then just grab the tote with the number on it and run with it...
The Bottom Line is, your professionalism, your product quality, your production time and your pricing will determine how your business will rise or fall...