Rubber Pallets

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

CrownAvenueCLT
Screen Trooper

Rubber Pallets

Post by CrownAvenueCLT »

Hey Jonathan!

I feel like I ask more questions than anybody else on this forum, but hey! I consider you a mentor and this is what the forum is for, right?

I really want to replace the rubber on my aluminum pallets. I have 4 16"x18" pallets that I've used for a while. They came to me already coated with a layer of rubber. Recently I have tried using solvents to remove any residue and gunk. The pallets started looking pretty gross.

Where might I be able to get some rubber to replace my old stuff? I've read one of the threads on here about how to remove the rubber, I think I will be okay with part! I just want a good place to get some materials.

Also, should I be using pallet tape on top of my rubber pallets? I haven't so far and there is no issues on my printing... However, I was thinking that pallet tape could help clean this stuff up much easier.

Thanks for all the help,

Austin Williams
Crown Avenue Print and Design
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Rubber Pallets

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yeah pallet rubber is not easy to get in bulk. I may be able to help you with that if you need a roll of it.

Yes, you can use pallet tape with pallet rubber but you'll want to remove the pallet tape after each job so it comes off easily without pulling up the pallet rubber ;)
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions