stencil problem plz help

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

pychocrusher

stencil problem plz help

Post by pychocrusher »

Hi Jon

Newbie here...i have an exposure unit single source 250w metal halide 30inch away from glass total area of frame is 40inch by 40inch i do all over screen printing...i burn 2 images to test one at centre n other in corner...i tried 30min to 1hr....the centre one takes longer to appear than the corner one n i have to use pressure gun at max pressure...sometimes the stencil gets damaged....normal pressure from garden hose doesnt do it...wat am i doin wrong plz help

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using T-Shirt Forums
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: stencil problem plz help

Post by Catspit Productions »

This is probably a simple matter of the exposure light not being powerful and even enough for such a large screen. The spread from those work lamps will be irregular at best and the light intensity will vary from beam edge to beam edge. You might solve this by adding more lights to evenly distribute the UV light across the screen consistently.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Saati
Instructor

Re: stencil problem plz help

Post by Saati »

pychocrusher wrote:Hi Jon

Newbie here...i have an exposure unit single source 250w metal halide 30inch away from glass total area of frame is 40inch by 40inch i do all over screen printing...i burn 2 images to test one at centre n other in corner...i tried 30min to 1hr....the centre one takes longer to appear than the corner one n i have to use pressure gun at max pressure...sometimes the stencil gets damaged....normal pressure from garden hose doesnt do it...wat am i doin wrong plz help

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using T-Shirt Forums
If it is hard to wash out then you are over exposed. Get an exposure calculator and stop guessing... you will be a much happier person. typically most images should develop with normal garden hose pressure.