Where to get shirts?

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

JSwoff

Where to get shirts?

Post by JSwoff »

Greetings Everyone,

This is sort of a 2 part question. Right now I'm getting 100% preshrunk cotton tees that no one can wear. They are so tight that I have to tell customers to get 1 size larger just so they fit. Is this something I'm doing wrong? Is there anyway to loosen these shirts I am unaware of or do I just need a new distrubutor? If someone can suggest where to get shirts I'd be very grateful.
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: Where to get shirts?

Post by ApeShirt »

It has to do mainly with brand. Even then, it can sometimes vary depending on where they are manufactured. You may want to try a few different brands to determine which ones you like best. Gildan will fit more loose than American Apparel which will fit different than Hanes and so on.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
JSwoff

Post by JSwoff »

That's the strange part I've tried both fruit of the loom and Hanes. I wear Hanes straight off the shelf and never have a problem, when I buy them wholesale they are smaller. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if it's something to do with where I'm buying them or if I'm missing a process.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

I think Greg’s pretty much right. The sizing may vary from brand to brand, country of origin and even the market it was made for. Remember certain garments are made specifically for certain markets and even vendors like Wal-Mart. So a blue Hanes from Wal-Mart may very likely be different in size than the same shirt bought from a wholesale source.

Generally a decent brand although manufactured in different places will be similar in cut but not exactly the same.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions