Ranar Vista model press question -heads too low?

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Squid Ink
Screen Trooper

Ranar Vista model press question -heads too low?

Post by Squid Ink »

Just got this press a couple of weeks ago, haven't used it yet (noobnote -first press I've ever owned) -still setting up shop but I've played around with it some, clamped screens to the print heads, sent them spinning around a few times but I've noticed the printheads seem really low, compared to other presses I've seen. In fact, the weight of having a squeeegee on the screen is almost enough weight to push the screen/printheads down into inking position.

Also, My shop space is small and if were to leave the flash unit in position over a platen during revolutions, which would be ideal with my small space, whether the flash was in use or not, the heads/screens are so low they hit and are stopped by the flash unit (hits the knob on top of the flash -flash that comes with the Ranar primo pkg). I have it currently set at about 2 inches above platen level.

Any adjustment capabilities to get the printheads up higher? Tension adjustment on the spings maybe..? Or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help :)
Attachments
screenonflash.JPG
Island Fever Trading Co.
Purveyors of fine quality,
coastal lifestyle apparel
and custom graphic design

www.IslandFeverTradingCo.com

Local in SC: 843-407-0595
Toll free: 855-55-FEVER (855-553-3837)
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Ranar Vista model press question -heads too low?

Post by Catspit Productions »

I don’t know why it is naturally sitting so low. As you can see in the attached images my heads are pretty much as low as they can go and they are still higher than my flash cure. You can move that bolt up and down the spring shaft to raise and lower the print arm.

How big do your springs look?
RANAR Spring.JPG
Attachments
RANAR Print Arm Hieght.JPG
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Squid Ink
Screen Trooper

Post by Squid Ink »

My springs look identical to yours, I'll say right at an inch in diameter. So by adjusting the nut that sits right above the spring will bring it up higher?

Here's a 15 sec vid I just put on Youtube. You can see how the weight of a screen and squeegee will bring the head all the way down and at about 7-8 secs in, you can see how I can raise it up to a desirable level, but it doesn't stay there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XBfhgd4 ... e=youtu.be
Island Fever Trading Co.

Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

The length of the spring is what you want to compare. The nut at the top when turned down the spring shaft will lift the print arm.

I don’t understand what is wrong there. Even with a heavy wood screen it should have enough lift to be higher and with more stability.

I would call RANAR and speak with them for trouble shooting. They will be able to help you best. Send them your video by email or you can direct them here as they can answer on this forum.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Squid Ink
Screen Trooper

Post by Squid Ink »

Aack! That is not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping for an easy fix. I can't even wrap my head around how to adjust the tension nuts without disassembling the entire printhead. Ugh, that queasy feeling when you've just paid a lot of money for something you can't even use.... :cry: :x

My springs are 4 5/8" long.

I'll call Ranar, after I calm down a bit.
Island Fever Trading Co.

Squid Ink
Screen Trooper

Post by Squid Ink »

Okay, my day just got a lot better. Print arms are now like a military haircut...high and tight! It was shipped with the tension nuts completely loose and just looking at them I assumed it would take a wrench to adjust them which would be impossible without some disassembly. However, I found they would turn easily with just my fingers when I held the print arms up to the level they should be. Once I got them to where they would launch a squeegee across the shop, I backed off a couple of turns. All without even having to make a phone call. Go me! :D
Island Fever Trading Co.