Newbie -questions, tons of 'em. Dryer ? first.

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Squid Ink
Screen Trooper

Newbie -questions, tons of 'em. Dryer ? first.

Post by Squid Ink »

Hello, I am a complete greenhorn newbie to screen printing and I just purchased the entire Ranar Primo Pkg without ever having laid a hand on a squeegee so I have tons to ask and glad I found this forum.

I have been a graphic artist almost exclusively for the screen print industry though for...going on 16 years.

First question: The only place I have to put the CureStar 4000 dryer is against a wood (MDF) clad wall and I'm wondering if the heat coming from this thing is going to be a problem with the wood, potentially causing fire. Will this be a problem? How much heat comes out of the gates?

The actual dryer part is 11 inches from the wall but the conveyors at the infeed and outfeed are only 2 inches from the wood clad posts on the wall -hope that makes sense, will add photos for clarity.

Thanks for any advice!
Attachments
cs4-4.JPG
cs4-2.JPG
cs4-1.JPG
Island Fever Trading Co.
Purveyors of fine quality,
coastal lifestyle apparel
and custom graphic design

www.IslandFeverTradingCo.com

Local in SC: 843-407-0595
Toll free: 855-55-FEVER (855-553-3837)
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Newbie -questions, tons of 'em. Dryer ? first.

Post by Catspit Productions »

Hey who did you buy that kit from ;) I hope it was me... LOL.

Alright seriously now, I can’t help myself sometimes.

No problem! I would think. The dryer will not exhaust heat from anywhere that would be hot enough to start a fire. If the unit is set up correctly and especially if you use the exhaust vent on top there should not be any excessive heat coming from anywhere that should be a hazard.

You may not want to touch the rollers or the oven chamber housing after a long day or printing with your bare hands but otherwise it should be fine.

Oh and don’t touch the exhaust with your bare hands either... LOL.

Good luck and let me know if you need any further assistance at all.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Squid Ink
Screen Trooper

Re: Newbie -questions, tons of 'em. Dryer ? first.

Post by Squid Ink »

Ahhh! -answer I was hoping to hear -nice.

Bought the primo straight from the headquarters in El Segundo. I've just discovered the whole Catspit youtube/forum etc. Been checking out the vids and I am following (as Island Fever). Maybe I should've bought the package from you -shipping probably would've been better priced from anywhere east of El Segundo to Charleston, SC :)

More questions on the way......I promise -lol.
Island Fever Trading Co.
Purveyors of fine quality,
coastal lifestyle apparel
and custom graphic design

www.IslandFeverTradingCo.com

Local in SC: 843-407-0595
Toll free: 855-55-FEVER (855-553-3837)