is it possible?

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

BLCB

is it possible?

Post by BLCB »

is it possible to use acetate as an alternative for stencils and photo emulsion? i mean cutting the design using acetate instead of stencil?
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: is it possible? Plastic Stencils?

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yes you can use plastic films and heavier acetates to make stencils like hand cut paper stencils. If you can clean the ink off easily they would be reusable too. Thinner ones will work best.

By the way, was it easy enough to register for the forum with the new anti-spam bot question? I mean you’re one of the latest members and I was wondering if you knew the answer from my videos or if you had to look for it on the website?

We were hit heavily this past weekend with spam bots.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
BLCB

Re: is it possible?

Post by BLCB »

actually when i saw the anti spam question first thing that went in my mind "wow, he is smart...". its not easy if the person is not using his brain enough to look for the answer or if the person is lazy to look for the answer... i took time to look for it cause i knew the knowledge ill be getting will be worth it and i knew the answer was on the catspit website, it took me about 10 minutes to find the answer, i knew i just need to read the background history...=) and damn the answer was so unique and unexpected on my part.(bec im not familiar with the band). in my opinion..., it was really tricky(hahaha). great thinking!=). do acetate have different sizes? cause i need to print almost the whole front shirt. can you make a video about it? thanks! you helped so many peopl incase you dont know... and im very glad that you are kind enough to share. again thank you. ill keep learning from you.
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

BLCB wrote:actually when i saw the anti spam question first thing that went in my mind "wow, he is smart...". its not easy if the person is not using his brain enough to look for the answer or if the person is lazy to look for the answer... i took time to look for it cause i knew the knowledge ill be getting will be worth it and i knew the answer was on the catspit website, it took me about 10 minutes to find the answer, i knew i just need to read the background history...=) and damn the answer was so unique and unexpected on my part.(bec im not familiar with the band). in my opinion..., it was really tricky(hahaha). great thinking!=). do acetate have different sizes? cause i need to print almost the whole front shirt. can you make a video about it? thanks! you helped so many peopl incase you dont know... and im very glad that you are kind enough to share. again thank you. ill keep learning from you.
That's awesome that you took the time to find the answer! We're glad you did and thanks for joining. Yeah, J-money (Jonathon/Catspit) is the shiznit! 8-) I have no clue when it comes to acetate but just want to say "welcome". This is a great forum and I know many of us benefit greatly from it. This has been my go-to site since I found it.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Thanks for the kind words Greg!

That is awesome BLCB. I am very happy you took the time to find the answer and sign up. I was told this type of anti-spam bot measure would hurt the forum but I don’t see how it hurts to weed out people who are not really into screenprinting as well as the spam bots. I figure if you don’t have the will or time to read a few paragraphs then you don’t really want to learn how to screenprint because it will take a lot more than that to learn how to print shirts :)

Yes I would imagine acetates will come in sheets as well as rolls. It’s a clear plastic film people use for many projects I think. What you want to do is called “all over” printing. It requires an oversized screen as well as the film positive. I really don’t do this type of printing therefore I do not have the screens, film or pallets to do it.

You’ll need the film positive to be as big as you want to print as well as the screen, squeegee, and pallet or printing surface. Who knows maybe I’ll do a video on this one day if I get a paying project that warrants the costs of setting it up.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
BLCB

Post by BLCB »

Thanks! This forum is awesome! You guys go directly to the point... 8-)