Starting up

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Reavesse11

Starting up

Post by Reavesse11 »

I am new to the forum and had a question or two. I recently tried to buy an established business that screen prints. After running into some complications,I have decided to just start my own. I will mainly be working with athletic teams and custom sports apparel. My questions are what is a good package to start up with if I am looking to do this as a job. I was looking at some of the printa packages. Anyone have any experience with their products? I would like to lease to own to make it easier than dealing with a bank so if there are any other companies that you suggest, I am all ears.

Thanks
Reaves
Reavesse11

Re: Starting up

Post by Reavesse11 »

I also like the Ranar packages but I am not sure if there is a lease to own program, I would like info on that as well.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Starting up

Post by Catspit Productions »

I personally would not recommend Printa systems. They sell you an all in one type kit with pad printing equipment and I have even seen button making tools with their stuff. But it is like a franchise for supplies. It is very, very expensive and with the same money you spend on Print you could buy a complete professional manual shop.

But I may be biased because I am a RANAR dealer ;)

What equipment you’ll want depends on what you’re printing so with athletics numbering will be a must. You may consider a basic textile set up with a numbering system. I have kits available from RANAR and we also offer a numbering press.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions