Need Advice: Table for curing shirts with a Flash Dryer

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Need Advice: Table for curing shirts with a Flash Dryer

Post by Leadfoot »

So I have to cure my shirts (for now) with a flash dryer. I would like to get at least 1 4 foot take to cure the shirt them a place to lay them until all are done. I have been using a 5 foot fold in half table made of some sort of hard plastic. Well I put a piece of wood under where I flash except when I swing it away is is slowly melting the corner of the table, lol. So I need some advice on what options there are for me. I prefer it be something foldable so it can be put up when I am not printing. The only thing I can come up with that might work is one of those aluminum camping tables with the roll top. There is this one: http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... le&Ntk=All
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Re: Need Advice: Table for curing shirts with a Flash Dryer

Post by ApeShirt »

I'd probably go with a couple of folding sawhorses and a piece of plywood or osb . You can customize it to your needs and easily store it out of the way. Plus it'd be cheap.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

I suppose that could work and would store easily...any particular type of plywood I should go for? Not sure what it is I have the smaller piece of, think it is 3/4" and has a smooth surface. Obviously I want to go with a smooth surface so it doesn't grab onto the fabric.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Greg may be on the right track here. You might be able to use a fire resistant material as well. I would ask at a home improvement store about amterials you could lay on top of the saw horses that would take heat nad not deform.

Also a question on the metal table; does it have plastic parts that make it adjustable which could melt under the flash cure?
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

Pine, by nature, has a high flashpoint. I flash cure on pine boards all the time. I'd suggest 3/4" as it's more difficult to warp.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Jonathan: Yeah plastic parts is a concern that I did think of and has been why I have not pulled the trigger on one yet.

Greg: The piece I use is probably pine, it has held up well just has a scorch mark in the center from all the use. :)