Custom Platen Brackets-Tightening Knobs

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Custom Platen Brackets-Tightening Knobs

Post by Leadfoot »

A friend of mine made some brackets for my press...only problem I am having is connecting the fluted knobs to the bolt where the knob will not come off when loosening the bolt from the press arm. Any suggestions on what I should use? I have some Loctite epoxy...would that work or do I need something else?
Free Man
Senior Screen Printer

Re: Custom Platen Brackets-Tightening Knobs

Post by Free Man »

Funny you should mention this, as I just mentioned the same problem to a friend, and he was excited to say that he found a $1000 3d printer. He is buying it and said he could just print a new knob around the existing bolt. If youre not familiar with 3d printers this sounds odd. Google it or something, its very interesting.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

3D printing is pretty wicked but probably out of your price range and abilities I would guess. That’s a 3 dimensional resin system that can actually “print” fabrications in resin. Could be awesome if one had access to such a thing.

Maybe some JB Weld or metal epoxy. The Loctite epoxy may work too. It’s worth a try. You should be able to try again if it doesn’t hold.

Anyone else have an idea on this?
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Think I have some JB Weld left from when I built my first wood press...forgot about that.