New Printer: Pricing Jobs?

This is the place to talk about what it takes to get started. This would include what equipment to buy, space requirements, electrical needs and anything related to getting ready to begin screen printing. Have a question regarding what it takes to screen print tee shirts? Please post them here...

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

ppdlao
Master Screen Printer

Re: New Printer: Pricing Jobs?

Post by ppdlao »

ppdlao,

Thanks so much for your input and you bring up a good point about the cost of the ink you use. Calculating that into your pricing like you describe is very detailed and could be of help especially to those jobs which require large prints. I’d love to hear more about your formula.

My pricing is pretty much based on my years of experience working with plastisol inks. They can go a long way when used properly. The market in my region also makes me have to stay within a certain price range regardless of anything else to be competitive. So in the end I have to always try to use as little consumables as possible with every job. That would probably be a good general rule in any shop to keep profit margins high.

And yeah, the more time a job takes to print, the less you make per hour so that is also a great consideration.

Nice thoughts on this topic. You should respond to more questions…

;)[/quote]

Hi Jon! jejeje I will buddy as long as I could bring something into it!

About this formula, it will be my pleassure to send it to you, so you can do some price testing, just let me do some arrangements to make it more simple to you, I will make two copies, one in blank ready to be filled, and one with an explample with a job of my own <-this one will be filled with my ink, screen, tees and positives cost and my profit percentage, you should be able to fill the other copy with your own numbers after taking a look of the filled one. I hope it could help in something, but I'll tell you it´s been so accurate for me, because I know you've seen I love Large printings!! jojojo and they spend more ink. Give me a week to send you those files, I have to organize them very well and make them the more simple I can.

See you buddy, I´m very glad you considered this post as important, it's an honor JM, it´s always an honor to contribute for CATSPIT Forum buddy!

"Knowledge is worthless if not shared..." <- this is a wisdom quote, and not everybody have the guts to share its knowledge as you had, you have to be absolutely shure of your habilities to do so!! and I appreciate it so much, you know!!!
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

True, the material printed and the type of ink used will greatly affect the formula. ;)
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
marshm777

Post by marshm777 »

Thanks so much. I have literally devoured the information you have posted on youtube.

I am just beginning my business. I've been printing tshirts for about 4 years, but only for myself (i'm a children's pastor) and for our kids church for Vacation Bible School...all on equipment I have built myself (thanks again to the guys on youtube). Everything works perfectly and I really enjoy the creativity of designing and printing shirts.

The info about pricing jobs is great! I'm having a few people here at church who are finding out about me, so this gives me an idea of how to price things.

Its a great blessing that I found you online.

Thanks for all you do to help us "newbies" in the screen print biz! You rock!

Marsh
bcr8tive
Screen Trooper

Post by bcr8tive »

Those prices are pretty close to what I charge here in Oklahoma, I would add, try specialty techniques to you process, 70-80% reducer to white, makes excellent tone change to shirt, feels like water base, and works on some colors, try foil adhesive printing, etc... Mix your techniques and upsell to the customer, you will find sometimes they will go for add technique, because no one else has a shirt like it.