CMY+WHITE

Anything and everything to do with creating artwork for screen printing. This is where you can discuss graphic software and color separating techniques plus much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

headcase915

CMY+WHITE

Post by headcase915 »

Ive been doing basic 1, 2 and 3 color shirts for a couple years now and Im looking to expand into cmyk color printing.. however Im am so green when it comes to this process that you all may laugh… plus Im sure this subject has been brought up before but I couldn’t find the answer Im looking for on the forum so I decided to just propose the topic… so here goes
I have only a 4 color press.. and the majority of my clients only want images on black shirts.. so I was wondering if there was a way to create a 4 color cmyk with plastisol ink but switch the k with white.. how I would go about that step by step in photoshop? I figured since the shirt is black that I can use the shirt for the black and create a white pass since I don’t have enough arms to do a cmyk with a white underbase… OK WELL thanks for any help I appreciate it…
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: CMY+WHITE

Post by Catspit Productions »

Yes, you can "knock out" the black where ever it is in the design. Basically you're going to remove the black color from the design and print nothing where the black would normally print. The challenge is that some designs have black in areas that could prevent you from doing that. But in most cases it should be relatively easy.

Now all you have to do is figure out how to pull it off in your graphic art software. But it should be as easy as removing the black from the design leaving blank canvas in it's place.

Eventually I will do a video about this ;) Stay tuned....
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions