Question about plastisol transfer paper

Here is the place to post on topics related to screen printed plastisol transfers, papers and adhesive powders. Methods of printing and semi curing would be appropriate here.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

veesdm

Question about plastisol transfer paper

Post by veesdm »

I'm new to plastisol transfer and would like to ask is the plastisol transfer paper a special made used? Is it different from the inkjet / laser heat transfer paper? Or could it be done on a various type of paper?

anyone can suggest some brand and website for buying the plastisol transfer paper with adhesive powder?

thanks!
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Question about plastisol transfer paper

Post by Catspit Productions »

The plastisol transfer paper I have bought in the past was specifically made for doing screen printed plastisol transfers. I think most are but I have never tried to use anything else so I can’t fully answer your question. It is different from laser or inkjet transfer paper for sure because those have a polymer adhesive on coated on the transfer side.

But honestly I would use the correct product made for the application to be sure of your final results.

I don’t have a recommendation for plastisol transfer paper with adhesive powder currently.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
veesdm

Post by veesdm »

thanks Jon for your advice.
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

I'm near the end of printing 250 transfers right now. I'll try to remember to try it on laser transfer paper or inkjet transfer paper and let you know what happened.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Dip.Schlitz
Squeegee Master

Post by Dip.Schlitz »

I have heard of rice paper being used for multicolor plastisol transfers ? Can anyone confirm or deny ?