Drawing fluid and screen filler

This section should relate directly to the Catspit Screen Printing Forum or to general questions that do not seem to fit other categories. Feel free to post anything here that does not fit into any other category.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

crowley

Drawing fluid and screen filler

Post by crowley »

Hey guys tried to have some fun and try something new. I was asked by my wife to make a shirt for her. I used it as an opportunity to use the drawing fluid and screen filler to make The shirt it was the perfect opportunity and subject to do, it was just a drawing of a dog and of a cat,really cartoony stuff. I drew both of them used the screen filler after every thing looked like it should have and the drawing&fluid came off nicely when run under water and The screen filler covered the areas it was supposed to nicely, but after everything dried and I went to make the shirt I stirred a black water based ink put the ink on The screen and squeeqed the ink and I just couldn't get the ink through the screen onto the shirt I lifted up The screen looked and saw a little outline of the animals but really faint (took it for granted everything was going smooth I didn't set up any registration marks )knew iwas ruining anew shirt so pressed down really hard on my 110 mesh screen to try to press the ink throu by but I never had to do that before. Double printed shirt one figure faint one heavy messed up the shirt , knew I mess up by not setting up registration but don't understand why I had to press the ink in as hard as I did? Never had a problem with that ink going through the screen before any ideas anybody? Thanks in advance Crowley
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Drawing fluid and screen filler

Post by Catspit Productions »

I'm not sure. It could be the drawing fluid did not washout completely. Water based ink on a 110 mesh should print very easily. So there must be something blocking the mesh.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions