Bigger transparency films

This is the place to talk about how to create film positives for screen printing. You may discuss topics like RIP software, inkjet and laser printers, film positive products, thermal printers and image setters.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

BuhhDill
Screen Trooper

Bigger transparency films

Post by BuhhDill »

I have no problem making my film positives but i can only print on the average 8x11 transparent film

where can i get my artwork printed on a bigger transparent film? the designs i have are smaller then i want them to be

any online source i could use. id rather do something local so i can just pick it up if i could. like office max?
Shamax
Master Screen Printer

Re: Bigger transparency films

Post by Shamax »

You'll want to call around, but some places like Fedex Office and Office Max can do 11x117" transparencies. If not them, look for a blueprint shop in your area. I got one transparency printed through the local blueprint/sign shop once, and an 11"x17" cost me $12. I said "never again" and bout an Epsom WF-7520 and some Fixxons 13x19" films. :P
Andy Barker
Owner/Operator of Fragile Branch
Store: http://fragilebranch.storenvy.com
Site/blog: http://www.fragilebranch.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FragileBranch
BuhhDill
Screen Trooper

Post by BuhhDill »

cool thanks man i appreciate it!
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

I used to print transparencies for others, up to 13x18. I stopped due to it wasn't worth it for me.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
OffsetnScreen
Senior Screen Printer

Post by OffsetnScreen »

I have a need for a transparency larger than 8.5 x 11 and have yet the capability to output a halftone transparency any larger than 8.5 x 14. I am going to attempt marrying (2) 8.5 x 11's and hand cut between the images. I wouldnt be able to do this if the image was a large continuous halftone. The image is for my only 2nd ever halftone, single color, 13 x 13. The image will be supplied high rez. With the skills learned here on Catspit over the last 12 months, I'll be stroking ink on shirts that might get TV airtime. They are for a film crew that is being Piloted for a new reality show about film crews and their daring risks to get the "big shot". I'm not at liberty to say more bout the tv show, so, we'll see, meanwhile , the order is live, the shirts and hoodies are here, and the halftone has to look sharp. Wish me luck. If the RhinoScreens had worked on my HP5000, I would be using them instead of looking at transparencies. Peace
gamehendge02
Screen Trooper

Post by gamehendge02 »

Anthem Screen Printing in SF. They can do pretty large positives. By mail 24hr turn around time.
gamehendge02
Screen Trooper

Post by gamehendge02 »

Also I would suggest places in your area that do blueprints/drafting stuff.
They usually have wide format printers that they can use to print on transparent film, two layers may or may not be necessary to achieve complete opacity.