Saatigraf HS3 emulsion

Catspit Productions is an authorized SaatiChem dealer and we can offer the complete line of their top quality products. If you don’t see it on the website please give us a call for sales assistance. Here you can discuss Saati equipment and supplies. You may direct questions to Saati as they may respond directly here.

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/

Moderators: Saati, Catspit Productions

Christian-1974
Screen Trooper

Saatigraf HS3 emulsion

Post by Christian-1974 »

Hi new to the forums and to screen printing, i introduced myself and asked a question in the getting started section but i think no one has seen it, i have been given some saatigraf hs3 emulsion i was wondering if anyone had a ball park figure for exposure times i am using a single 500 watt halogen lamp , thanks for any help you can give :)
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: Saatigraf HS3 emulsion

Post by Catspit Productions »

The Saatigraf emulsions are made for graphic printing and exposures using a computer to screen imaging system for positives. Those are photopolymer emulsions. There is also Grafic HS emulsion that is a dual cure. So the Saatigraf should be very fast and the Grafic HS is much slower in exposure times.

I sent a message to Saati. So they should reply here or in the other thread.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Saati
Instructor

Post by Saati »

Christian-1974 wrote:Hi new to the forums and to screen printing, i introduced myself and asked a question in the getting started section but i think no one has seen it, i have been given some saatigraf hs3 emulsion i was wondering if anyone had a ball park figure for exposure times i am using a single 500 watt halogen lamp , thanks for any help you can give :)
I posted in another thread. But can you let me know the mesh count and color. Ill ask one of my colegues in Italy since this is one of our european formulas. I am not very familliar with it. If I had to guess I would expect it to be int he 5 min range with a white 110 TPi mesh.
Christian-1974
Screen Trooper

Post by Christian-1974 »

Hi Saati thanks for the reply the mesh count is 120t which i believe is a 305 in the US, and the colour is yellow, i know to get an exposure strip and dial in my times properly i have ordered one but it is taking so long to arrive i had to order it from the US as i can't find anywhere in the UK that sells them :( thanks again for your time.
Saati
Instructor

Post by Saati »

I hate to respond with almost worthless info. From what I am told the time on a 500 wat light on a 120 pw 34 yellow is going to be closer to 7-8 min depending on the distance to the screen. I know that sounds sketchy at best but... I can only work wiht what I am told on this one. Your best bet is to run a scale and see what it gives you... Sorry I am not much help on this one. :oops:
Christian-1974
Screen Trooper

Post by Christian-1974 »

No problem Saati thanks anyway, I have exposed a few screens now at 8 minutes with the lamp 20 inches approx away and i must admit they have all been very high quality no problems with washing out and the detail is lovely so i am sticking with that ;) thanks though for your time much appreciated.
Saati
Instructor

Post by Saati »

I work in the SC location... this is probably where we shipped the 21 step scale from. if you PM me your info i can track the order to make sure it gets to you in a timely fashon.

Glad you found a good starting point.
Christian-1974
Screen Trooper

Post by Christian-1974 »

Thank you Saati , it arrived today so not to worry :)
Saati
Instructor

Post by Saati »

Christian-1974 wrote:Thank you Saati , it arrived today so not to worry :)
Perfect....If you have any questions on how to use it please do not hesitate to contact me.

Always here to help! :D