Scrubbing pads for the reclaiming process?

This section is all about how to reclaim screens by removing the stencil with emulsion remover. Topics include working with emulsion removers, pressure washers, trouble shooting and waste disposal concerns.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Scrubbing pads for the reclaiming process?

Post by Leadfoot »

So I have previously been purchasing the red scrubbing pads from the place that shall not be named that you get the handle for as well for the screen cleaning and reclaiming process. I would prefer to be able to purchase something similar locally or in the Catspit store if possible and if at the right price. :) What scrub pads do ya'll use and where do you get them? I have browsed the big home improvement stores who carry very few and not really what I was looking for, closest looked to be the grout scrub pads and I think they had a permanently attached handle but not sure if they would damage the screens or not.

Thanks! :D
Saati
Instructor

Re: Scrubbing pads for the reclaiming process?

Post by Saati »

Scrubbing pads.

They are not all created equal. The ones to get have a chemical resistant adhesive gluing them to the holder. The ones that have the replacable pad are great but they tend to let go of the pad at the wrong time and then you end up trashing a screen. There are a couple of decent mfg out there. We deal with one so by default catspit has access to them.

Now I will stand on my soap box....When new the scrubby pads are ok but they are meant to be disposable. If you have one in use and you run your hand accross it and it feels all crunchy and crusty throw it out. It will do more harm than good to the screen. To make them last longer fill a bucket with 1 inch of water and leave the scrubbie face down in the water to keep it soft. I see too many times in shops that scubbie creats cuts and marks ont he fabric due to debris caught within the fibers. This creates voids where chemicals can hide if not rinsed properly and cause problems.

standing down from soapbox.
ApeShirt
Master Screen Printer

Post by ApeShirt »

That's a great tip Saati! Thanks for sharing that.
Greg
If you're not going to go all the way then why bother going at all.
ApeShirt Apparel Printing, LLC
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

Okay I’ll get some Saati scrubby pads on the site through RANAR. I do believe we include them with the kits so I will see about adding them individually to the site.

But it may take a day or two.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Great tips Saati and thanks Jonathan! :)
Leadfoot
Master Screen Printer

Post by Leadfoot »

Have you been able to put the scrub pads up on the website yet? I cannot find them.
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Post by Catspit Productions »

LOL, I am working on this. I want to offer the Saati ones so I am seeing if RANAR wants to stock them or if I have to stock them. Sorry for the delay.

If you like you may contact me through the Catspit website and I’ll take your order for whatever you need.
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions